SpywareBlaster can't find Firefox 0.8

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DPallas, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DPallas

DPallas Guest

I installed SpywareBlaster 3.1 months ago and had no problem with it with IE6 (and AdAware 6.0 and NAV also running). I installed Firefox 0.8 last week and Spyware Blaster says it's not installed. I'm sure I don't have the new version 0.9 and checked Help/About Mozilla Firefox just to make sure; it says: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040608 Firefox/0.8.0+. I uninstalled and reinstalled SpywareBlaster just now, ran the update utility, rebooted - still no Firefox detected. Hostperm.1 is empty except for the line "# Permission File # This is a generated file! Do not edit." Should I copy the text file someone suggested in another thread for v0.9 or is there another fix for v0.8 ?

2. jmb

jmb Guest

hey i got the exact same problem except i got the newest version of firefox.

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. anand

anand Guest

DPallas, the profile directory for Firefox changed a few days before the 2004/6/8 build you are using. So even though you are using a 0.8+ build, it is using the 0.9 profile directory location.

5. DPallas

DPallas Guest

That explains why I'm having 0.9-type problems with extensions. I installed the old version 0.8 just to avoid that. Thanks for your response, I know what to do now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.