SpywareBlaster and SpySubtract

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by uprrmike, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uprrmike

uprrmike Registered Member

I have run SpySubtract and it finds 7 CoolWeb Search items. When I delete them, I run SpywareBlaster and it shows the 7 items unchecked again for protection. When I enable protection with SpywareBlaster, they show up again after deleting them using SpySubtract. Whats what?? Help!

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi there, and welcome to Wilders!

Spysubtract must be using a very weak detection method which just recognizes part of the registry entry name. The 7 registry entries Spysubtract is "cleaning" for you are 7 registry entries put there by SpywareBlaster to block the items that Spysubtract is telling you are there. I would suggest submitting this to the Spysubtract folks. You can always double check with Spybot S&D and/or Ad-Aware.

3. uprrmike

uprrmike Registered Member

Thanks for your quick reply. You all have helped so many times before and decided to join up instead of just reading all the FAQS! Will mail the folks at SpySubtract. Again, thank you very much! :D

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

No problem; good to have ya and we'll look forward to seeing you around ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.