Spywareblaster and Spyguard Updates Not Challenged

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by profhsg, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I really like LooknStop, but I am puzzled by some recent behavior. I just installed Javacool's Spywareblaster 3.1 and Spyguard 2.2. Both have a live update feature. When I trigger the features, the programs update. The problem is my LooknStop does not ask me if I want to allow them to access the internet, nor does it list them in the applications tab. I'm not particularly bothered by these particular instances because I would want the two programs to access of the interent. But my concern is whether an author of malware could use the methods they use to circumvent the application permission features of Looknstop?

Thanks

2. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

Javacool Spyware Guard May Conflict with LnS

In an effort to see if it remedied the problem, I uninstalled and reinstalled LooknStop. However, when I did that the application permissions in LooknStop didn't work at all. Anything I wanted to use to access the internet was simply allowed to without a peep from LooknStop asking whether I wanted to allow access. Since the only new things I had on the computer were the Javacool Spywareblaster and Spywareguard programs, I now suspect they may be incompatible with LooknStop.

Anyone know anything more about this?

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.