Spywareblaster and Spybot Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Sleek26, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleek26

Sleek26 Registered Member

Both SpywareBlaster and Spybot won't detect that i have Firefox installed, i have tried re-installing all 3, any ideas anyone? Within spywareblaster it just says it cannot detect that firefox is installed and spybot will not load the immunizations for firefox, only IE, i just can't find out what this could be.

I have Vista Ultimate 32bit installed.

Cheers

Edit: ive tried looking for a registry.dat file within the profile folders but i cannot find one, i see other people have the same problem, but with me spybot does exactly same thing.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. Sleek26

Hi, Thanks for the info but mines isn't even detecting firefox along with spybot even though its installed :( I thought maybe it was something to do with permissions but im outta ideas now.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

As for SWB, i'm wondering if it could also be a Vista issue as some(not all)have posted here in the recent past with certain problems. Javacool did post that hopefully most would be taken care of in the next release.

Did u happen to post over at the SpyBot S&D forums with your issue with their app?

snowbound

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

It is very likely that this is a Vista-related problem, and will be fixed in the upcoming new SpywareBlaster release.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please post or PM me the full path to your Firefox profile folders, and the full contents of the profiles.ini file?

(By default you should be able to find these directories in Vista at: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox )

If it's more convenient (or for privacy reasons), you can also e-mail me at bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com - just simply include a reference to this thread as well.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

6. Sleek26

Hi mate , yes i posted over at spybot, but still waiting for a reply whoever.

I have emailed all the info you need to the e-mail you supplied above Javacool, hopefully you find something worthwhile :)

Regards

Sleek26

Edit: Just to let you know i also posted on the spybot forums, the thread is located here http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=123667&posted=1#post123667 , you might find some useful info there too in that thread.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.