SpywareBlaster And Firefox

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kazzoom, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazzoom

kazzoom Registered Member

I'm having a problem, SpywareBlaster does not detect Firefox 3.0.1, as well as Tuneup Utilities says Firefox is not installed. Please, how can I correct this problem. Thanks

2. dmitriyv

dmitriyv Registered Member

I have the same problem and have been waiting for an answer for like a week now and still nothing.

3. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

have u reinstall fire foxo_Otry this.
    i ve go fire fox 3.01,spyware blaster and tune up utilities 2008 and its all ok

4. dmitriyv

dmitriyv Registered Member

I reinstalled it a few times both spyware blaster and firefox, and still the same problem... guess it's time to get rid of spyware blaster if it does nothing for firefox for me. The least the devs could do is reply to this topic and give advice... been like almost a month now.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

My apologies for the delay.

If neither SpywareBlaster nor other tools (in the first post, Tuneup Utilities) are properly detecting your Firefox profiles, it's likely a problem with the Firefox profile configuration.

The way most tools (SpywareBlaster included) detect Firefox profiles is by looking for a profiles.ini file in your Windows user account's profile directory.

On Vista:
    C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\ profiles.ini

On XP/2000:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\ profiles.ini

The first step would be to make sure that file is present. (The AppData/Application Data folder is hidden by default, so you may have to type the path in manually in Windows Explorer.)

If it is, please post the contents here (or send them to me via PM), and I can take a look to see if the formatting is somehow corrupted.

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. tampatexan

tampatexan Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. I just checked my computer and the file is located where you said, but Spywareblaster still doesn't see Firefox. :'( Here is what is in the profile.ini file:

[General]
    StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
    Name=default
    IsRelative=1
    Path=Profiles/nkovy762.default

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.