SpywareBlaster and Ewido 3.5 scan

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by glenpinn, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenpinn

glenpinn Registered Member

hi there.
    im not sure if this is in the right place, but please feel free to move it should in not be.

i installed SpywareBlaster 2 days ago, but just before i installed it, i ran a full scan using spy sweeper, MSAS beta1 and ewido 3.5 and ewido detected 26 spyware files in the following mozilla firefox directory or folder.
    C:\Documents and Settings\GAP\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.

i then installed SpywareBlaster, and i have just run another scan with Ewido 3.5 and it detected 25 spyware files in the same mozilla directory as the previous 26.

heres the ewido scan result from the interface
    http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=hrmp8l

heres the report
    hxxp://tinypic.com/view/?pic=hrmpfk

can anyone shed any light on this, the original spyware files were all removed, as these new ones were.
    does spywareblaster not detect or stop these medium risk spyware files from getting thru, or is it another issue.
    i got rid of the previous version of firefox because my old BITDEFENDER AV Pro was always detecting spyware and trojan files in the firefox directory and BD wasnt able to delete them for some reason.

any thoughts on this. i havent run another scan yet with MSAS beta1, and i since removed my spy sweeper, its licence expired and i think 3 anti-spyware monitors is a bit much, ewido and MSAS seem better anyway and i might give spybot s&d a try, its free. but i think its overkill having 3 when spywareblaster is supposed to be as good as it is, i just hope mine is working ok, i set it up the correct way i know that.

cheers everyone

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2005
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Edited. My original post removed. More research needed on my part.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  3. SpiritWind

SpiritWind Registered Member

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Even tho some of those cookies are not contained in Spywareblasters database....those that are should have been dealt with. I suggest you look into Spywareblasters Mozilla protection as SpiritWind advised and let us know what you find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.