Spywareblaster and .207.net cookie

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Zeki, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeki

Zeki Registered Member

Hi all,

I am using the latest version of Spywarebalster 3.5.1. Although I have all protection labeled I was surprised that in a latest scan the *.207 cookie seems to have been loaded on to my PC.

Does anyone form Javacool Software, or other users, know how I can get rid of it. The quickest thing I could think of was to put into my restricted sites list under Internet Options? What do you all think about that?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! :)

2. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Assuming that you got rid of the 207.net cookie when you found it with the scanner, I think what you are asking is how to prevent it from being stored in the future. To prevent the storing of all third party (tracking) cookies in Internet Explorer:
    • Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab > under "Settings" click "Advanced" > on the "Advanced Privacy Settings" screen > select "Override automatic cookie handling" > under "Third-party cookies" select "Block".

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If indeed you are speaking of 207.net....that entry is contained in Spywareblasters database and as such We need to take a closer look of why it was allowed given you say you had all protection enabled. Have you doublechecked that the 207.net entry is indeed checked ?

4. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Bubba:

207.net is not in the current database. The entry added to the registry is:

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\2o7.net]
    @=dword:00000005
    Note instead of 207.net it is entered as 2o7.net (lower case o instead of zero).

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Very true and a simple case of mistype on my part and I assume yourself also. Of course after a month of non-response....it's hopeful they figured it out by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.