SpywareBlaster allowed Conducent Timesink

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bodhisattva, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodhisattva

bodhisattva Registered Member

I have all protections turned on and Conducent Timesink is on the list of protections, but it still got through.

Why? :doubt:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey bodhisattva,

How were you made aware that Conducent Timesink "got through" ?

While it is listed in the database....perhaps the info you have may show it's using a newer clsid ?

3. bodhisattva

Hi Bubba,

I knew something was going on when my computer slowed down to a crawl. I ran SpyBot and found the Conducent files. I did not check to see if it was the same clsid. I know to do that next time.

I also immunize using SpyBot. It found the files and eliminated them but didn't block them. I thought the immunize function would keep them out.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What browser are you using ?

Spybot's Immunize function adds a list of sites to the Restricted Zone to restrict the actions of spyware/ad/tracking sites in Internet Explorer.

Conducent Timesink is usually installed unknowingly....due to a user installing freeware and\or shareware programs. So if that's your case....Internet monitoring programs can't protect a user from that type install.

Only by knowing how you got infected....will we be able to offer thoughts of why ABC program did not protect you.

5. bodhisattva

I think I got timesink when I visited a link(www.jokaroo.com). It was supposed to play a short film but it wouldn't work right. That's when I got suspicious and closed the page. My computer slowed down after that.

I haven't downloaded anything but SpywareBlaster. I downloaded it from www.majorgeeks.com .

I'm using IE 6.0

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Unfortunately....without a little more info....that will be a hard to figure out. That site is full of all kinds of traps....least of which are advertisements\links for bogus Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites.

7. bodhisattva

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hmmm....there must have been another site or link because the only ActiveX object plugin on that page is a hillarious shockwave file.

Other than that....there is no earth shattering harmful source on that page.

9. bodhisattva

I'll have to go through my history and see if there was somewhere I went that I don't remember.

Hilarious, huh? Dang, and I couldn't get it to play!

Thanks for your time, Bubba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.