Spywareblaster 5 error code: U003

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Drew609, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew609

Drew609 Registered Member

I just noticed something was wrong with the protection status of my spywareblaster. The databases had not been updated due to an error. Everytime I try to perform an update, I get this error message

1ac55f01231068f526acc9bf669ff7f9.jpg
    http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/1ac55f01231068f526acc9bf669ff7f9.jpg

I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling but keep getting the same error. I also tried checking the "use alternative download method" for updating the databases and the update freezes at 20%.

need some help :doubt:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello Drew609,

You should provide more information. Operating system, other security programs you are running for instance.

This will allow someone to help you.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

For some reason, SpywareBlaster is not able to successfully connect to or download the one database file from the Internet.

What firewall software (or other security software/suites) do you have installed?

Thanks.

4. mommyto3furballs

mommyto3furballs Registered Member

spyware blaster error code U003 showing up when installing

I had to reformat my computer today and when I went to put in Spyware Blaster, I am getting this particular error. The only thing I have on this computer is Avast and the Windows Firewall. This computer is Windows 7 Home Premium. We reformatted hubby's computer yesterday and installed SB without a problem. Not sure what is going on with my laptop. Advice please?

5. javacool

Hi,

Please try updating again, and let me know if it now succeeds. (I forced a refresh of all data files on all of our CDN edge servers.)

Thanks.

6. mommyto3furballs

the same error came up but now its saying one of the files is corrupted

7. mommyto3furballs

my problem is all fixed up. re-installed it from a different source and it worked. thank goodness. thanks for the the help though. just thought i'd let you guys know.

8. KNRover

KNRover Registered Member

I am having the same problem/same error message on my wife's old (ca. 2004) Compaq R3000 Win XP Pro laptop. During the update attempt, it appears to install several updates, but winds up at "sbdatabaseinf.dtb" and the error message. I have tried
    -running full malware scans with Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, and the latest AVG 2014
    -doing a chkdsk /f
    -cleaning out all temp and unnecessary registry files using CCleaner
    -uninstalling and reinstalling SB
    -uninstalling, reinstalling and trying to update while in Safe Mode
    -disabling AVG (the only AV program on it) and Windows firewall, then trying to update
    -running a diagnostic startup, but that apparently does not load all the services necessary for a wireless connection because I cannot connect (despite making sure DHCP Client, Plug and Play, RPC, Workstation and Telephony are all checked), so cannot attempt an update. What critical service am I missing?

Knowledge base is mute on the error, so no help there.

Have SB on two other computers in the house, but both are Win 7, not XP. Cannot run system file check because it requires a Win XP Pro CD and I only have an old Win XP Home CD.

What's wrong?

9. KNRover

KNRover Registered Member

Update to my previous post: One of the people whom I support brought her 6-year-old Toshiba (Vista) laptop to me yesterday, complaining the IE has stopped working. The IE ribbon was so loaded with toolbars (Ask, Delta, Babylon) that it was obvious why it wasn't working. I uninstalled them, then ran a Malwarebytes scan, which found a whopping 74 PUPs, which I zapped. After that not only was IE working perfectly, the computer was about 2x faster.

However, I had installed SB on her computer about 6 months ago. She had never updated it, despite the instructions I gave her. So I ran an update. IT DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING THAT I REPORTED IN THE PREVIOUS POST; installed several updates, but when it got to "sbdatabaseinf.dtb", the update failed. Not wanting to try all the tricks I had already tried that didn't work on my wife's computer, I simply uninstalled SB.

One could easily conclude from the fact that SB will not update on two computers with obsolete OS's (Vista and XP), but DOES update on Win 7/8 computers in the same house using the same router, that Brightfort made a modification to the program that works with Win 7/8, but is incompatible with older OS's. I doubt that's accurate, but the evidence I have says it's possible.

Where is Brightfort on this forum? Do they monitor it. My previous post is almost 2 weeks old and no response. Helloooooo; anybody home?

10. javacool

KNRover:

Per my post in your other thread,

Could you please send an e-mail to:
    bugreports AT brightfort DOT com

(Replace the "AT" and "DOT" above with the appropriate "@" and "." symbols.)

Please reference this thread and your username on these forums.

Thanks!

11. drshock

drshock Registered Member

I too am seeing these U003 update errors on Windows 2000 SP4. Not sure when it started, probably over a month back at a minimum.

Tried reinstalling 5.0 today after clean uninstall, same update error. Tried to email the bugreports address mentioned in the earlier post, but it bounced back as 550 spam from two different email accounts I have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.