SpywareBlaster 4 wont enable protection

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by david banner, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

It hangs about 75% the way then says IE protection enabled then hangs again and will not be reduced to the task bar. Task manager says it runs...not responding...runs. Now it is open andgone as far as IE protected..enabling protection of restricted sites. How so slow? I turned off other security aps in case they were blocking it but it made no difference.

edit Now it is protected but still slow to respond crawling through the customise the blovck list in restricted sites.Can I get 'hit' while this is happening

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Did you post a little while back regarding SpywareBlaster and SpySweeper? EDIT: Yep - found it.

I ask because this sounds like an almost textbook case of SpySweeper being rather overzealous in the way it monitors one's system, and causing SpywareBlaster to take a long time to enable its protection.

The easiest way to fix this is to disable any SpySweeper shields that have to do with Internet Explorer - especially the "IE Security Shield" - and then enable SpywareBlaster's protection. You should find that it goes *much* faster. Afterwards, you can renable the SpySweeper shields, if you wish.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Hi

Yes that was me

I actually did that and disabled comodo firewall and spyware terminator too. Anyway it has enabled now, hopefully will be ok, thanks for reply and for SB;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.