SpywareBlaster 4.4 and Firefox 6.0.2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lordpuffer, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordpuffer

lordpuffer Registered Member

SpywareBlaster 4.4 Slowing Down Firefox 6.0.2?

I installed SpywareBlaster 4.4, and am using Firefox 6.0.2 as my Browser. The other protection that I am running real-time is Avast Pro Antivirus 6.0.1289 and SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0.1118. I have Win 7 Pro, x64.

It seems that when I installed v4.4, that Firefox slowed down when browsing. When I uninstalled v4.4, browsing seemed to go back to normal. Does anyone else notice the same issue? Thanks. :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

We do know that Spyware Blaster plays nice on Win 7 and with Firefox.
    I would hazard a guess there's a conflict with SAS and or Avast AV.

If someone more qualified that myself on all things Spyware Blaster could have a look at this and offer some suggestions, it would be appreciated.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Indeed, SpywareBlaster's Firefox protection should not be able to slow down Firefox itself.

Some possible causes:
    - An interaction with either Avast or SAS (we haven't had any other recent reports of this, but there is always the possibility that an update for one of those programs could have introduced a temporary issue).
    - A Firefox extension had some sort of glitch that resulted in a slowed browsing experience in Firefox.
    - Firefox itself was "doing something" at that particular time (example: updating its Google anti-phishing database)
    - Something else entirely unrelated happened on your system / used CPU at that point in time, and slowed down everything (you just happened to notice it because you were using Firefox at the time).

4. lordpuffer

lordpuffer Registered Member

Thanks javacool......I'll have to do some looking into the cause. I appreciate all of your hard work.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.