SpywareBlaster 4.0 - No window

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by AndTheWolf, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndTheWolf

AndTheWolf Registered Member

When I launched SB 3.5.1 I always got the SB window, regardless of logon authority. I uninstalled 3.5.1 and installed 4.0 on a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine and now cannot see the window when I invoke SB as a normal user (though Process Explorer shows 2 SB tasks).
    If I use MakeMeAdmin or log on as administrator I do get the window as expected on THAT machine. On my other XP Pro SP2 machine I never get the window, even if logged on as administrator.
    Any suggestions for diagnosis?

2. TheShinigami

TheShinigami Registered Member

I am having the same issue. I've been using SpywareBlaster for quite some time and it always runs fine, but with 4.0 after I install it the program does not come up when I try to start it. The task manager shows two entries for spywareblaster (one of them around 5,000k the other around 500k), but the window never shows. Any ideas on what the problem is? I have tried a clean install of it at least 4 times, and I made sure of the administration privileges and those sort of things. Just seems like it doesn't want to pull up the window. (This is on a Vista Business machine)

-Thanks

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What other security/privacy software are you running?

(i.e. anti-virus, anti-trojan, firewall, other security programs, other anti-spyware, etc.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

4. TheShinigami

TheShinigami Registered Member

My anti virus program I am running is Norton 360, I also have Ad-Aware 2007 (the Ad-Watch program from it runs in the background), as well as Spybot: Search and Destroy (the Spybot-SD Resident program runs in the background). I have not tried running it without them on, so I will try that and post an update. Thanks for the reply :).

5. AndTheWolf

AndTheWolf Registered Member

On the machine where SB window shows for administrator: Anti-Virus - AVG Free 7.5.519. Anti Spyware - Windows Defender 1.1.1593.0.(Realtime protection on); Spybot 1.5.2.20 (IE download blocker on, but Resident "Tea Timer" off); Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06r1 (manual scans only)
    Firewall - Comodo Firewall 2.4.16.174 Other - Process Guard 3.150 Free; WinPatrol 14.0.2007.1 On the machine where it never shows, everything but Process Guard and WinPatrol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.