SpywareBlaster 3.3 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksknives

ksknives Guest

I have a question about SpyBlaster. Do I always have to click back onto SpyBlaster to re-activate it once my Screen Saver closes and my Windows re-open?
    Ken Saari Sr.
    ksknives

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi ksknives. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

SpywareBlaster is not a running process. After u have enabled all protection just close it and check for updates weekly. Simple but effective.

FAQ here,

http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/idx/9/0/?pt_sid=8dd15a7e06ab0ea9cbd1f1c2de5db818

snowbound

3. Shirewolf

Shirewolf Registered Member

Thanks again for a great product. In 3.2 I always had update problems, 3.3 works like a dream. Great Job!

4. redadare

redadare Registered Member

For a few weeks now I've been trying to do an update for ver 3.3

The problem is the download stops short by one K. As a result I have a corrupt database file. I've even uninstalled SB and reinstalled it. Works fine until I try to update. Stops short. As a result I can't use SB :-(

Any clues gratefully received.

Cheers
    Red

5. donfarry

donfarry Registered Member

I downloaded SpywareBlaster 3.3 and now am receiving the following error message:

The SpywareBlaster may be corrupt or missing. Click on the link below to check for updates and get the latest database.​

I've done this several times (including uninstalling and re-installing the application). The download hangs at the very end and this same message comes back.

Help! o_O

6. snowbound

7. donfarry

donfarry Registered Member

Snowbound,

Thanks. Actually I unchecked the checkbox and it worked. Checked it did not. Eh! I guess I'm backwards! :D

8. snowbound

Glad it all worked out. ;) :D

snowbound

9. redadare

Looks like my query was too hard and got overlooked

:-(

10. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I'm working on an updated version of SpywareBlaster that should fix this (and other) updating issues.

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=71396

Best regards,

-Javacool

11. redadare

Thanks heaps for that.

Worked like a charm

Cheers
    Red

12. L Macri

L Macri Guest

FYI - I just tried to download SpywareBlaster 3.3 from the MajorGeeks site, and their link actually downloads a product called SpywareDoctor 3.2.

13. snowbound

Got me curious so i went to the MajorGeeks site but all i saw was a recommended download of SpywareDoctor on the SpywareBlaster download page. I also tested the download and it was indeed SpywareBlaster 3.3.

snowbound

14. devil123

devil123 Guest

Can it be used within organization?

15. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

The one and only link in the text you have quoted in your reply is

this link and I believe that on this page you will find a link titled "What groups qualify for free use?"

So, check that out :D

16. devil123

devil123 Guest

Thanks man..... But, version 3.2 had mention that can be used for business. How bout version 3.3?

17. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

After clicking "who may use it free?" the little window pops up and at the bottom it says everyone else click here. That's the page about businesses.

18. Davian

Davian Registered Member

Good to hear you're making progress, and thanks for all your hard work. Unfortunately, I too am having trouble with updating. I quickly skimmed a couple threads, and I haven't seen a problem of the same nature as I'm having, so I thought I'd post it just so that you were aware.

After clicking the Check For Updates button, the program freezes, without an error message. When I tried to cancel the check (after about twenty minutes), I received the generic "This program is not responding" error, to which I responded "End Now". However, even after this, the program window hangs around. Restarting Windows was the only way to get rid of it. The alternative download method produces the same results. Clean-reinstalling the program also doesn't help the problem. Here's the info on my system:

Security: Norton Internet Security (Firewall, AntiVirus, etc) - enabled to allow Spyware Blaster to make remote connections, Spybot
    Connection: T1 via campus network; it has its own firewall, but this never caused problems for previous versions
    2 GB Processor, 512 MB RAM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.