SpywareBlaster 3.3 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

they should be kept. however, you can go into the Spywareblaster folder and right-click>Copy them and put them in a safe place. and copy them back if they disappear during the update :)

2. lawrence

lawrence Guest

thanks you very much for answering my qn.
    however, what are the files that i must keep? the instructions tell me to uninstall spyware blaster3.2 before installing 3.3. in understand that uninstalling removes the entire folder. so what should i keep in order for all the backups to stay

3. th35

th35 Guest

i have liked spyware blaster very much. until now downloads hv been straightforward. as far as i know they came directly from java cool. now when i try to update i am presented with major geeks only(sometimes) and then with one or more other sites (on other occasions) to use for downloading. today there are six sites asking me to download from them. how do i know they are legit? last night it was major geeks only. two days ago there were three.

i'm not familiar with any of them. when i went to major geeks it wanted me to download spyware doctor, not blaster. i was afraid to use any of the other sites.

thks for yr guidance.

4. Petejay

Petejay Guest

I have had the same problem when I try to update it tells me no internet connection could be established - I tried re-installing and still have the same issue.

If anyone has a fix for this it would be appreciated.

Other than this issue I have REALLY appreciated theis program and have recommended it to anyone that I cared enough about to make recomendations to.

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

No problems here (presumably) with updating 3.3 defs -- I've simply gotten the usual "No updates available, you're up to date".

But I just checked, and there's a brand-new set of def updates out this evening. And it looks like Javacool pulled a cute on with 3.3. While downloading the refs, it showed estimated time left, plus data-transfer rate to no less than 12 decimals.

Someday maybe I'll encounter circumstances where I need to know my download speed right down to the nearest .000000000001 byte/second -- but in the meantime it sure looks impressive. ;) :D Nice going, Jc.

6. Vivski

Vivski Guest

Because I'm having trouble updating the latest defs, might there be a way I can subscribe to a service where JavaCool could send me the defs via e-mail and post the md5 on the website? Or maybe put the def files on the website to download?

I have to download the AdAware defs manually too. :(

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Manual updates are posted here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

snowbound

8. dog

dog Guest

Hi Vivski, ;)

You can DL the updates maunally.
    For more Tips & Tricks Read Here

HTH, ;)

Steve

Edit - Bha * Snowy beat me :D

9. Vivski

Vivski Guest

Thanks guys! Sorry to not work it out myself. I couldn't find it on the website so figured manual updates were not posted.

10. Grandpaw

Grandpaw Registered Member

:rolleyes: I downloaded the new version of SpyBlaster 3.3 last week. It is now giving me problems. When I try to check for updates I get an error message. I downloaded vbrn60sp60Virtual Microsoft from Major Geeks, but that didn't solve my problem. Any suggestions? I am using Windows 98SE on my computer.

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Gramps,

Take a peek at the below ongoing thread and see if that is what you are experiencing.

This thread---> SpywareBlaster 3.3 3/16/2005 update corrupted

12. tichy

tichy Registered Member

Hi, there. I installed Spywareblaster 3.3. Today at 15:30 I wanted to update manually and the update corrupted the database. Repetition of the update downloaded a lot of data, but the result was the same: the program reported corrupted both databases. The only way out was uninstal and new install. Checked on two independent computers (desktop, laptop, Wxp, WME) several times. Please, send your point of view. Thanks. Milan

13. tichy

tichy Registered Member

Tip "use alternative download method" resolved issue with updating SB 3.3

Dear colleague,
    thanks for the tip "use alternative download method". It solved the problem updating Spywareblaster version 3.3. on both my computers. I am o.k. now.
    Best wishes. Milan
    PS.
    Just for your record:
    1st computer:
    ACER 529TXV notebook, PIII, 800 MHz, 128MB
    WME system, antivirus AVAST version 4.6
    Installed Lavasoft Ad-Aware
    direct connection to Internet (fast cable 100Mbit/s)
    2nd computer:
    desktop, PIV, 2.4GHz, 756MB
    Wxp system, antivirus AVAST 4.6
    Installed Lavasoft Ad-Aware
    connection to Internet via proxy (fast cable 100Mbit/s)

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

javacool,

the bug that I reported in the 24th post of this Topic, will be fixed?

Thanks

15. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Yup - the cosmetic glitch when using larger font DPI settings is already fixed for the next release. :) Thanks for reporting it!

Best regards,

-Javacool

16. PhReAk^

PhReAk^ Guest

Hey! SpywareBlaster is a wonderfull program and i love the update.
    I am only thinking about the update... At the first days of the 3.3 release when i tried to update i got the message that i already am updated.
    I am also trying to run the update for 3 days now and i get this error:

"The server returned the following unexpected response:
    Response Code: 407"

I tried this in a firewalled connection and in a direct connection and i still get the same error.

Does this make any sense to you??
    Is there a new update?

17. Marina_333

Marina_333 Guest

I'm getting this error as well, even though I have an internet connection established.
    I have tried the suggestion of ticking the 'Use Alternative Download Method' and trying the updates again. Although it starts to search for updates, eventually I get the same problem.
    I would be grateful for any suggestions.

18. lawrence

lawrence Guest

can anyone teach me how to transfer the system snapshot files from my 3.2 to the 3.3? i have not uninstalled 3.2 yet.

19. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey lawrence,

While transferring snapshots from one version to another can be done....it can only be done IF....and sense it is a big IF....I would rather not take this thread off topic to explain. I would ask you to Please start a thread of your own in this Spywareblaster Forum for further explanation.

Also....while registering is not a requirement to post @ Wilders....it does have it's benefits and urge you to consider registering.

Regards,
    Bubba

20. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ mhpainter,

I have split your post off into it's own thread so as not to take this thread off topic....and also to better assist you. Please follow the below link.

This link---> Download and Restricted sites problem

21. ddav

ddav Guest

I might have done something wrong... but after installing V3.3, I reflexively hit the "check for updates" button. It "updated" but then the "protection" tab now says database error and prompts for update again. Updating does not help and now I have a non functioning Spyblaster.
    Any suggestions?

22. dog

dog Guest

Update SB manually -> Copy the files to SBs directory

http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/sbdatabase.dtb
    http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/sbdatabase2.dtb
    http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/sbinfo.dtb
    http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/ckdatabase.dtb
    http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/rsdatabase.dtb

If the updates continue to corrupt try the alternate update method found in SB's update options.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2005
  23. davidbaldwin

davidbaldwin Registered Member

Hi
    I just have to throw in my 2 cents. Love SpywareBlaster, but noticed a difference in 3.3 regarding the update options.
    In 3.2 I used the "direct connection" (not alternate download) and the updates were checked quickly - we're talking about 1 second.
    Now, with 3.3, the direct connection update (not alternate download) pauses for 16 seconds, then gives the update status. Same on every try; however,
    if I use the alternate download method, it's a quick 1 second update.
    Why's that?
    p.s. This only happens on my Norton firewalled Win98SE machine, not the Win2000 laptop - they're both connected through the same router and cable modem. Something has changed in the update feature for Win98SE, at least in my case it has. I have no corruption problems - just a long wait when I click Check for Updates. I noticed this difference immediately on changing versions.
    db

24. centime

centime Registered Member

Thank you for a fantastic program. The Version 3.3 download and install went smooth as silk.

25. $impl?_?i?h

$impl?_?i?h Registered Member

Yep can i also say thans very much, its an excellent program you guys have made and have had no problems in upgrading to new version :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.