SpywareBlaster 3.3 installation problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by steam, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steam

steam Registered Member

Yesterday I downloaded release 3.3 and tried to set it up. I worked through the steps of the Setup Wizard. When I clicked 'Finish' at the end of the setup, it looped back to the start steup wizard screen. However I try to acces SpywareBlaster, I always get into the setup wizard and it always loops back to the beginning after I reach finish.

I have checked in Add & remove programs and it is dhown as installed, but I cannot run it.

Any ideas? o_O

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Steam, and welcome to the forum.

I have not heard of this happening before, but it almost sounds like something didn't finish installing?

If SpywareBlaster is showing in your Add/Remove applet, you can try uninstalling it from there first, then clear out all the contents of your Temp folders (not the folder itself), reboot your computer then delete the SpywareBlaster folder in the Programs Files folder.

Then re-download a new copy of SpywareBlaster 3.3, turn off all other non essential programs, then try reinstalling SpywareBlaster.

Let us know if that works,

Regards,

snap

3. steam

steam Registered Member

Thanx, Snap. I did as you suggested and all is well.

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

That is great to hear, Steam! :D

Thank you for letting us know it worked.

Best regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.