SpywareBlaster 3.2 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azhar1280

azhar1280 Registered Member

does anyone know the spywareblaster auto-update supscription key please

Thanks!

Edit by Bubba
    answered in this thread---> Spyware Blaster AutoUpdate key

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2004
  2. SilverBoy55

SilverBoy55 Registered Member

My machine was recently corrupted and I lost several files, one of which was the uninstall file for SpywareBlaster 3.1; [unis000.dat]. Trying to use Control Panel "add or remove programs . . . " comes up with an error message saying that the file does not exist and the program can not be uninstalled.

How can I install version 3.2 while having a corrupted (nulled) 3.1 uninstall file?

I've subscribed to SpywareBlaster auto-update, and while attempting to autoupdate get similar error messages saying that files are corrupted and I must first uninstall version 3.1

Thanks,

Art Eckardt

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

4. SilverBoy55

SilverBoy55 Registered Member

snapdragin.

Downloading, reinstalling, and then removing SpywareBlaster version 3.1 using your reference worked great. I've installed version 3.2 and everything is working fine.

Thanks again,

SilverBoy55

5. snapdragin

Great to hear, SilverBoy55!

Thank you for reporting back that everything is working well now. :D

Regards,

snap

6. David Ellis

David Ellis Registered Member

Hi team, I have v3.2 installed, and am regularly finding that up to 315 of the Internet Explorer protections have become disabled, and up to 3 of the Restricted Sites likewise. How do I stop this happening?

David

David, I have replied to your thread here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=45861 - snap

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2004
  7. Wilder

Wilder Guest

Hi All,

I've read that XP SP2 includes activeX controls. Therefore two questions:

1. When I upgrade to XP SP2 do I still need Spyware Blaster?

2. Is Spyware Blaster compatible with XP SP2? Has anyone tried to run SWB on SP2?

Thanks,

AndyB

8. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

1) Yes, you still need spywareblaster to protect your computer.
    2) Yes, spywareblaster is compatible with XP SP2. I am running on XP SP2 myself and so far have not encountered any problems with spywareblaster.

9. snapdragin

10. Aversion

Aversion Registered Member

Ok. I installed SB, enabled all protection, clicked update, finished. THen suddenly it doesnt work, Then on every protection option it says Data Base Error try to update. But thats what caused the problem.
    What do i do. I tried uninstalling ,reinstalling, same problem after i update.

WHAT TO DO?

11. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

12. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

14. denjw2003

denjw2003 Guest

I have downloaded version 3.2. When I click enable all protection it still shows1296 items unprotected. What am I doing wrong.

15. johnx3200

johnx3200 Registered Member

Thank you for making Spyware blaster

Spybot refer you to me. So I have a question for you could I have a bad copy of spyware blast. You see your program show that there is: 1 items have protection disable (SearchForIt toolbar). When I run sypbot it show that I am clean. Now get this I enabe all protection on Spyware Blaster and then run spybot spybot show 1 item. Yes SearchForIt o_O What's up with this can you tell me.

Hope you all have a Good day
    John

16. johnx3200

Try downloading Spybot http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html Then run it's free :)

17. Gianni

Gianni Registered Member

check these threads:
    http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=21896
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=46225
    ;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  18. snapdragin

Thanks Gianni, good link. :)

We also have a thread here that will help explain the false/positive for Searchforit, that Spybot is alerting on:
    Spybot Update 8/30/04 False Postive?

LOL - looks like we have all our bases covered now. ;)

snap

19. johnx3200

Thank you all :D

20. snapdragin

Your very welcome, johnx3200.
    Glad to hear you've got it sorted out ok. :D

snap

21. ice b

ice b Guest

Clicked on download, get this

‹ÍYmsâFþ¼üŠY¥âÝM Æ`[Ø·Iùî|kçR÷q1¶ÐÈ3#0Iö¿_ÏŒ^‰°a½¹:Se£‘ºûé÷nyøvúÏÉÝn.ѧ»¿_£›_~¼þi‚¬¦ãüÚ™8Îônjntí–‹î8Ž•”E8tœËX k!e|æ8ëõÚ^wlÆç˰넌 bûÒ·Æ¡:Röá¤2$ãÛx³Æœüb! GS¶ŽB†ý¡cn7†K"1Ršä1¡«‘5a‘$‘lÞmbb!Ï\,Iž¤zŽ¼æ‚ȬÙïŸ š®’.ä&$HUú°'„:Ûl6ì%‰óÀïsàØô7r†ÜVütŽôÁ/i¸9Cÿ&ÜÇ>Fœâð}"áŠHêÁ‰Ã4át~þ¥Ä±~o¼™aï!à,‰ü¦ÇBÆÏÐwWmõ9o¼ù þ)QŠÒ” ‚qŸð¦d1ÅOH°úè»AW}Šûœ ùì3&%[>ûHHæ;xÄØ÷iœ¡Žõ¥µ!ÎB=(;(Ã7}â1ŽU¡ˆEÈ2£´ôO‰pE!؈ÿU´ ¶‚ª£?˜Êäí«Îå``ÈSì‹zÒžœNûÒp×P†¼Ì`I„ÀùJƒÚ¯¶¹!? |Á!U^Q霩äÅ^°åAi1ÐY‘ÛèrÚž^i1Pn°ÄF¨’'’éºäˆ´ |³¼¬fDšA•äq§îÕô¼¶JLû—WW·Xâ0ô±$ÊB•:ÕŸ|8®¸ñܶI_;bÄ–$Äm›A ä±™éèö—ZÿѦhˆÉŒ"ËcñeY¥àTÆNfªO)â²]¥CÆ«ÓR¥“½Ä4ª{¾—751…wÆB¿ŽÅŒùt‰y@#SÆ[©ŠÄÈ][vSM!0Áb ½Õо4šMh{Ž•q£Çi,Qˆ£ üY?ã¾Õ‡Ð çv„—p®”´€òvòù§›;ÅôòÆPW-Ï úÖÔ—‹‘å¶Zß[È„ûÈjA«&a˜&C~-bìå×0èÍ,8ŽO ¡¡ä !õÍ}ºB8¤A4²t#³ÆCº àÞÈ 8µktnUa,´õGVû(à¿Ÿà( ð[a*9âpƧÓû¾ŒôÞö}XÅíAÑmw¬]…K¯«¸ìc‚ö3&HùC¿ÏŸ—ñT§QD8€ÁåC@ÊÉ|dQÈÇ'[MtÖø[’¡ƒëÍⶫVñ`ÔlÁ1QÆY#Åÿ€À‡ã-Tøõ»µ ë$Ô9óOŠûMziðï”궾*nk5.ªjhV(ÕÆO'òLlB}.þR}¶žž¾Î-"‰cÆeªÆ*¹ú;åô•¡¥¶ìe:LÌÕK:t¾*'']k|ÍD|¾£~Ô¼w_UPKlžqXÛ)Çm÷ŠÎ” XÖØdÈ0g|œ% Tlš[¶.fk{ýíØí|F™+f)¬TÄ,««êg²P 6’ ‚"Œ„DYÂ"50Ù¶óqb ;¥}ÖG'/Ù*ãQ…V*ôN‰[˜°±•U$gQP‰u½Bä)k¬33ÖñYÃo–¿UÃQæœud£›`0 $‹ j"Ó„I†æ cqÄŽ<œòV¥²QŠ%y*‘Sh˜GVáû²W‹AÙ¿É¢ÁðÜFCŽbÂ…z›‚pä#½›·+ÐÙ90”F{%²!O× c³{ÞÌDw¶bÔ¿†>ÊÖ6‹Iôþ˜e’ƒL£¦]S×ß#usèoƉÝVë8uaÇ==F!3ÈF;d,ÌO=ÎBu%F"Ž'ýMYî¾ûðÁÿºÀ©u'è1ê4ßh{(ˆJ÷ÈT¶" J~1‡™ÓÊ)²Ó+YX˜”±¹Îœ9àdk yîdºŠ³*o"·uúâk‰ïy¶Ç–NƤÝ?¤ÑzÈó"±k’~ÎÙUù ÷¿Ü^è˜`:bsHtÄþpÃ)ì ›‚íuúÀeÈÛXÕKº F[ãt`oö[ívÓm¹ƒ^¯sªUøc.GýAàA]»ùPr{ôh–Àví«dY¸öï.wmy¼FáxN¡žhEV;Žíx¤þÈmô#<:uÝžÛ싯´€y…ØpúøŸ¢RV†D[ÌŠ‘*µÆ§Ä֙Ǔ§ÙÌ£©ÂàA~:Õªš‡ëA0ª¼S3¥…ª®oí—¡ŸðJe!heb)>¢[bz[®^vŽS¼Wœ<&0Ò„t!ˆþ•@Ty¢PåÝÏH®ö¾r«lTûL%¥Xm{ [EÙž–›5Z0¡ÞqÌ6õ*w&„ôêùšÌ”7Ê aq£¼zµ½¾5®%÷èƒj*ì{À@öÊ¡ð¥©ýÕûýÿý ‰,äÌ$õæsªTú…¬•‡ù‹á]P•×sZìȪÑ&f!õ6ù¢¬ÏÐ>ÔMî´‹ÁÎMèš`mÉš°x£ÍÞO> v«Õn¯.ú9*£è–Í¥⮯'6ºCôY=.Ðg"_ßÞ*ŸÇÙõßÌ}ÝÚ§ÌC·Of3¨®Š—ä°€£„šNêeU`*¹f@(‘jNP7¡’Ât)7é¤C¹šÂbâIº‚ég Û§°óWAØ(¾æ[øv@:éÛ>Çü?Oÿü”TáNC

22. LowWaterMark

Clicked on what download exactly? Where? Be as specific as possible please, so we can look into this. Thanks.

23. Pat R.

Pat R. Registered Member

Spyblaster - BLACK SCREEN

I am running Windows XP, Explorer 6, McAfee 8, Zone Alarm, and am on a cable modem.

I have Spyware Blaster 3.2 setup in Scheduled Tasks to run automatically. Every time it starts, the screens goes BLACK - NO ERROR MESSAGE RECEIVED. It just continues on to begin the run.

Every time it finishes the screen goes BLACK - NO ERROR MESSAGE AGAIN. It just closes the program.

No other programs in Scheduled Tasks does this.

I have uninstalled (Add/Remove Programs) and reinstalled Spyware Blaster 3 times from different places.

It's kind of scary when your screen goes black. It's normally a sign that something is going wrong.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

24. LowWaterMark

25. Hi team,

I am running Mozilla 1.7.3 and i just installed SpywareBlaster 3.2 on Windows XP with SP2
    Also Running

Ad-Aware SE with Wx2 Cleaner add-on
    Spybot - Search & Destroy with TeaTimer enable
    Grisof AVG 6.0 Anti-Virus
    ZoneAlarm Firewall

and it does not recognise Mozilla.

I have close all open Mozilla windows and then started SpywareBlaster and Still does not recognise it.

Best
    Jean-Francois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.