spywareBlaster 3.2 enable disable PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Brussels, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brussels

Brussels Guest

Windows 2000, FireFox 1.0, IE,

My problem is that after the my last update (today, 11-01-2005), and after clicking enable all, 57 IE protections are disabled. I then went to the exact "disabled" ones and clicked them one by one and tried to enable again. Nope, all 57 are still disabled.

Any ideas?

2. Brussels

Brussels Guest

I Forgot to says, I have no toolbars, etc., I used Spybot.

3. Brussels

Brussels Guest

Thank you for your help

List of "disable" items is all Active X items after PSD Tools, from
    "Adult Content Dialer" down until Cookies. All Cookies blocked

Thanks again

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Brussels, and welcome to the forum. :)

I do not use FireFox myself, so other's may step in with some helpful suggestions, but you could read through the thread below where someone else had found a solution to a similar problem:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=41040

Let us know if the solution there is helpful.

Regards,

snap

5. Brussels

Brussels Guest

Thank you very much for your reply, but I don't have any problem with Firefox or enabling the protection for Firefox. The problem is the 57 activeX for Internet Explorer that refuse to be protected and are always "disable". Its a bit strange.

Thanks a lot for your help and I will read the thread for firefox as well.

6. Brussels

Brussels Guest

I got the answer,
    It was a question of admin. rights,
    for some reason, I have the right to install an update with admin. rights, but not to made active that install (i.e. enable "protection") on the updated information. Changed to admin. and everything worked. Odd no? Anyway, Thank you for those who read this thread.

Brussels

7. Brussels

Brussels Guest

Without admin rights, of course, sorry, just found past thread on same subject.

Thanks

8. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Ahh... that was going to be my second question - were you using an Admin Account or a Limited User account, but since you had said your operating system is Windows 2000 (which I am not that familiar with) I wasn't sure if this other thread would have been helpful or not:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=56918

I am very glad to hear you have solved the problem, Brussels ..... and that you've let us know, which may help someone else with the same problem.

Best regards,

snap

9. Brussels

Brussels Guest

Yup, thanks again for your help, but isn't it odd that in Limited mode, I can update, have SWB recognise the new files, and then not allow enable? I would have though that it would be all or nothing, i.e. blocking all update downloading with a "You have no admin right to update" warning.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The only feature that should be affected....is SpywareBlaster's Internet Explorer ActiveX protection....since that registry key is part of the Local_Machine(Admin rights). Restricted Sites and Cookie protection should not be affected....since it is written to the Current_User reg key.

11. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

actually last update was 1-8-05

12. ccs

ccs Guest

I have spyware blaster 3.2 running on a system, I have enabled all protection and the i restart the computer to see if it stay's. when it restarts internet explorer protection is enabled but all the restircted sites are disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.