SpywareBlaster 3.2 autoupdate problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by iclick, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iclick

iclick Registered Member

I activated autoupdate (SWB 3.2) several days ago and every time I boot in the morning I get the large autoupdate options window that pops up (General, Connect, Advanced, and About menu tabs). I would rather not see this every time I boot and be required to manually close it, so how can it be disabled?

A small window near the tray pops up briefly to give update status, but I don't mind that.

2. iclick

iclick Registered Member

Surely someone can help here.

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi iclick,

I do not have the autoupdate feature enabled myself but I'll try and help. Looking under the "Benefits" tab, I see there is an option to "Check for the latest protection updates every time your computer starts up". Maybe you could try unchecking that option, and use one of the other two options listed there to see if that stops the autoupdate options window from popping up.

Let us know if that works, or maybe someone using the autoupdate feature may be able to add another suggestion.

Regards,

snap

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Could you please provide more details about your system? (Such as the version of Windows you are running, and other security/privacy applications you might have.)

The only thing that should be appearing is that little window near the tray (that gives the update status).

Thanks,

-Javacool

5. jimbo11883

jimbo11883 Guest

I have the same problem. I think it is a software bug.

6. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

I do not believe it is a software error. If you try what snap recomends, that sounds like it should work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.