SpywareBlaster 3.1 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebowankenobi

ebowankenobi Registered Member

Dear Friends,
    I got problems to run the Spywareblaster application, it was running before but now it always appear the message :

This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it.

I already delete/uninstall the program several times, and I reinstall the application again, but always this message, please help and advise I should do.

Thank you very much for your support

best regards

Ebowan

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That error is usually a sign of a prior spyware infection that still needs to be cleaned off a system. It is explained more in this three-page thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26534

Within that thread are many user supplied fixes and work-arounds for this problem. And on the third page is a link to a German site that offers a file download that may automatically fix the problem. (It's near a 100% solution if you first download, install and update Ad-aware to latest levels, run a full Ad-aware scan first then immediately run the download fix file from that site.) So it may take a little research and work to resolve this yourself. Also, Javacool has said is trying to code something into SpywareBlaster so that it can compensate for this type of condition (infection, or whatever it is) automatically. But we'll have to wait for the next version to see what he can do to address this.

3. Steve07

Steve07 Registered Member

Help

Hi, I just dl spywareblaster 3.1 and I also dl firefox browser. My problem is that when I open my spywarebalster program it says that firefox is not installed and it does not detect it. Can anyone help with this it would be much appreciated thx in advance.

4. LowWaterMark

Re: Help

There are actually a lot of threads on this. ;)

Here's one:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=38597

5. Hawk30673

Hawk30673 Registered Member

Can you please tell me if the Spywarebuster runs as soon as I turn on the computer or do I have to start it each time after log on?

Thanks!

6. Steve07

Thx for the link :)

7. dog

dog Guest

Hi Hawk, ;)

No, Spyware Blaster isn't a running process ... once you enable protection, it adds Kill Bits to your registry to Block "Bad" Active X controls, it also prevents Spyware Tracking cookies in IE, Mozilla, and Firefox (currently doesn't work with FireFox 0.9 - because they changed the default directory for it)

All you have to do to is .... check for updates weekly ... when there is a new update, select enable all protection ... that's it, it's that simple ... It's an outstanding little program ...

Javacool has another program ... Spyware Guard 2.2 ... that offers active protection and works hand in hand with Spyware Blaster ... you can find out more about it HERE

Javacool has many other great programs available here's a link to the Products Page

dog - *puppy*

8. Steve07

quick question. I am have firfox and I made it the default browser and from time to time a popup add comes up on my screen and it is with the IE browser but I don't even have it as the default can someone help plz thx if there is a thread on this srry.

9. Justin126

Justin126 Registered Member

Is there any chance of a patch that will work with Firefox version .9 because I think alot of people would like that...or is it just me o_O

10. borehole

borehole Registered Member

=============
    I have just downloaded the latest versions of firefox and SpywareBlaster into two computers with windows XP. In one it is working, in the other it does not recognize my firefox. The only difference is that the default location was changed in the instalation that does not recognize firefox... any advise?

Borehole

11. MtnMoose

MtnMoose Registered Member

I installed this yesterday and it appeared to work fine. When I booted up today it wasn't running. Does it have to go into startup to configure automatically?

Yesterday when I closed the program it indicated it was working and appeared on the toolbar/status bar. Today when I close it....nothing.

Recommendations?

Also, can this work with my Netscape browser as I don't use the I.E. Thank you
    MJ

12. Azn_Tweaker

Azn_Tweaker Registered Member

MtnMoose u dont have to start it up. its just there. it dosent use reasources.

13. Justin126

Justin126 Registered Member

I was also wondering if SpywareBlaster would be affected by SpyBot Search & Destroy which is another helpful program I use? And if so, how? o_O

14. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

No, SpywareBlaster works very well with Spybot Search & Destroy. In fact they complement each other for maximum protection.

BS :cool:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  15. lazenca

lazenca Registered Member

Hi all.... I just encountered a problem with my computer... It seems that after I got this spyware problem, I was going to use spyware blaster to deal with it...But who knows when i wanted to open the Spyware Blaster program, it says that the file is damaged by a certain virus or whatever... So I decided to dowload this program again and reinstall it... But it seems that the same problem still occured... From my opinion I actually thought that the spyware must have done something to this program causing it not to function... So can anyone help me here? Thanks

16. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi lazenca :)

Welcome to Wilders.

U are right, it is indeed the cause of a CWS infection.

There is a very long thread on this subject here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26534

there is a fix that has been working for some people on page #3, posted by JackAttack.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

17. jcarole

jcarole Registered Member

Just installed Mozilla Firefox 0.9.1. SpywareBlaster 3.1 didn't recognize it. Uninstalled/reinstalled SpywareBlaster 3.1; same result. Running Windows XP Home with IE uninstalled. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

18. dog

dog Guest

Hi jcarole, ;)

Welcome to Wilders' ;)

This is a known issue ... they changed the default directory in the 0.9 + versions so SB 3.1 doesn't detect it ... SB 3.2 will correct this issue, Javacool has mention it will be release shortly.

dog - *puppy*

19. jcarole

jcarole Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply dog. Great cat pics--my favoriteis is contentment.

20. dog

dog Guest

My Pleasure & Thanks ;)

Steve - *puppy*

21. crzycrkr

crzycrkr Guest

Downloaded and when i installed i was getting messages about a bad hard drive sector or some nonsense. Wont run, any suggestions?

22. LowWaterMark

Look a few posts up from this one (#216 just above) it explains that problem.

23. Simon Coxson

Simon Coxson Guest

Hello

We are looking at this great product for our college, because of the amount of spyware that gets installed by users.

We know the product is free for educational use, but we want to enable the auto-update feature per machine in the college. Do we have to buy a key for every machine in the college (which is 700+) or is there a special educational site licence available?

Does anyone know or can help?

Simon Coxson

24. firehawk

firehawk Guest

Re: SpywareBlaster 3.1 is fine...

The instructions in the thread listed below still don't work correctly. The files come out corrupted or compressed in some way.

Is there a working manual update solution?

Mike

25. dog

dog Guest

Are you copying, moving or saving those file into your spyware blaster folder? To overwrite the existing ones.

What error exactly are you getting? (regarding coruption)

dog - *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.