SpywareBlaster 3.1 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster 3.1 has been released!

New in this version:
    -Restricted Sites Protection
    -Mozilla/Firefox Protection
    -A brand-new interface
    -And many, many other new features and changes!

This 3.1 release provides bug fixes and enhanced performance.
    The Mozilla/Firefox protection should now correctly detect profiles for Mozilla 1.7 & Firefox 0.8 and up.

NEW UPDATING OPTIONS IN SPYWAREBLASTER 3.1
    SpywareBlaster still offers the built-in Check for Updates feature. This feature is completely free and allows you to keep up-to-date by clicking on a button in the SpywareBlaster interface.

SpywareBlaster 3.1 now offers SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate - a brand-new updating solution. Just set it up, and AutoUpdate will check at every system boot for the latest updates and enable the newest protection (other options are available).

As much as we would like to provide auto-updating functionality for free, bandwidth costs are simply too great to make it feasible. AutoUpdate functionality is $9.95 (US) per year, which helps to cover the bandwidth costs. The Check for Updates function remains completely free, as does SpywareBlaster. You only need to pay if you wish to have the extra convenience of AutoUpdate.

Download the latest version here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Enjoy! :D

Best regards,

-Javacool

P.S. If you have any problems please don't hesitate to post.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2004
  2. Liquorbox

Liquorbox Guest

checked for updates and was informed a new version (3.1) was available but link leads to and downloads 3.0 version-any suggestions?

3. javacool

Please try this download site:

http://www.net-integration.net/tools/spywareblaster.html

If it still doesn't work trying pressing F5 or CTRL+F5 to refresh the page - it's possible your browser is caching an old version.

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  5. Hello! I tried to DL SWB-3.1, But it DL'ed v.3.0 (TWICE !!!). I hit the Ctrl+F5 before attempting the DL. It showed the DL page for 3.1, so I DL'ed it (after Un-Installing v.3.0, of course). After it went through the entire set-up, it showed as v.3.0 !!! After, deleting the program, and cache, and cookies, and recycle bin (etc.), I went through the whole procedure again!!!
    Unfortunately, I ended up with the same results again!!! So, as it stands, I have a newly downloaded SWB v.3.0 with the last update showing as "3-28-04".
    SO . . . . . . . . . . WHAT'S UP ? ? ?

Thank You for your help !

Robin20152

6. TeMerc

TeMerc Registered Member

I had to completely remove the version 3.0 (Add/Remove)to install 3.1. I did not have to do this with the 3.0 version orignailly.
    After removing 3.0, 3.1 installed with no problems.

7. javacool

Please try completely uninstalling the SpywareBlaster application.

Then, try to download the latest version directly from here:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.net/downloads/spywareblastersetup31.exe

Thanks,

-Javacool

8. Thank You! I'll give it a try. I did Go through the "Add/Delete" program on my computer before i attempted both downloads before. I don't know if I'll be able to complete the entire process again before this Board goes "dark".

Wish me luck !

Robin Hickman

9. H A P P Y - H A P P Y , J O Y - J O Y ! ! !

THANK YOU ! ! !

That worked GREAT !

When I saw the "31" in the download/set-up file, I knew I was home FREE !

{ Maybe putting the version number as part of the DL file would be a pretty good idea ALL the time ! }

Again, Thank You very much !

I look forward to the l o n g a w a i t e d update for SpyWareGuard sometime soon !!!

Robin Hickman

10. Duane

Duane Guest

I had the same problem (tried 3 times from three different sites and got 3.0 all three times). I finally came here and found the correct link. Thanks for this site.

11. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Hi

Was wondering if before installing new version of Spyware Blaster 3.1, is it recommended that we first disable all protection for IE protection, restricted sites, & Firefox protection in v3.0 first? Then delete Spyware Blaster 3.0? Finally, Should we then also delete the Spyware Blaster 3.0 folder (if there is one after delete of 3.0)? Thanks so much.

12. javacool

I believe you'll find Upgrade Instructions at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

Hope it helps. :)

-Javacool

13. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

It did help Javacool. Thanks. I'm sure this new version will be another masterpiece, as all your material is :)

14. I want to pay the $ 9.95 for a full year, since I have no way to pay but by check, I am going to mail a check to the address shown on this link, I have down loaded the new3.1, Thank you so much for it, I need to be able to get all updates. I had so much spywear on my computer, I had to do a clean sweep on my hard drive, and start all over again, the spywearBlaster has kept any more spywear from getting on my computer, so I am sywear free. again Thank you. :cool:

15. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Javacool

Thanks once again for Upgrade v3.01, Installed no Problem.

Wished I could pay something but as I have said before NOT with PayPal.

Please fine a way for us people who WILL not use PayPal?

Thanks again for all your hard work and great Programs.
    TheQuest :cool:

16. JC2004

JC2004 Guest

Is it necessary to go to 3.1 from 3.0?

Can I stick with 3.0?

I just installed it on 5 computers and dont want to have to do it again if its not necessary. I dont use Mozilla.

JC

17. javacool

Hi,

There are other bug fixes in the 3.1 version, including fixes in the Restricted Sites feature and updating. Plus some minor performance enhancements.

The way the programs are set up, you won't be able to get updates with the old 3.0 version, so updating is the only way to go. But I recommend updating anyway because of the reasons mentioned above. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

18. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

JavaCool, smooth as butter!!
    thanks for your hard arse work on such
    a needed item in this tough oh so tough life
    of scum ware!! I/We owe you a debt of gratitude
    thank you very mucho!!

19. Hi ! I was using Spyware Blaster Version 3.0 with no problem to protect
    Mozilla-FireFox.
    Surprise ! The new version3.1 do not reconized any Mozilla FireFox on my system... o_O
    Well ...may be the best is to reinstall v. 3.0.

:rolleyes:

20. javacool

What versions of Mozilla or Firefox are you using?

3.1 only supports Mozilla 1.7 and up, and Firefox 0.8 and up.

Best regards,

-Javacool

21. JohnJohn

JohnJohn Guest

I have win98, and installed version 3.1, but, it won't start: when I try to start it, there's a popup which says "unexpected error", and nothing else happens. The same thing happened with version 3.1, but not with previous versions.

22. roshisan

roshisan Registered Member

I just downloaded and insalled version3.1 which, unlike version3.0, ran like charm on win98SE.
    It appears you have solved the problem of why version3.0 would not run on Win98, at least for my setup.
    Thanks a gigabunch,
    roshisan

23. dp

dp Registered Member

There appears to still be an issue with Firefox 0.8 protection.

On 1 machine running Mozilla 1.5, selecting protection created a hostperm.1 file in the Mozilla Profile folder.

On a different machine running Firefox 0.8, with protection enabled, there was no hostperm.1 file written anywhere.

Both machines running WinME.

24. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Is there any place to get 3.0 back again? I keep getting an error 14 -out of string space pop up with the new version. Am running Win98se and pretty sure the problem is not lack of ram or hard drive. Had no problem with the earlier version. Also I am using Mozilla 1.7. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I did a clean install of 3.1 as well. Hope I have given all the information someone might need to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. Linda

25. Crossbow

Crossbow Registered Member

SpywareBlaster 3.1 works on Win98se

I'd earlier posted that SB 3.0 doesn't work (no GUI) on my Win98se PC.

Pleased to say that SB 3.1 works fine.

Thanks very much Javacool :D

Best regards,
    Gavin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.