spywareblaster 3.1 damaged

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rogerlady, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerlady

rogerlady Registered Member

when i opened spywareblaster 3.1 i recieved a message
    this program is damaged by a virus or a problem on the hard disk reinstall the program
    i did that 3 times
    same message
    can you help me
    it seem that more than 1 person has the same problem
    regards

ps i also been hijacked by coolwebsearch
    o_O

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That's actually the reason why you are having the problem. There is a lengthy thread on this problem. It's 3 pages long and there are many technical things in it, but it is worth reading.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26534

Now, on the third page, post number 60 by JackAttack, there is a link to a small cleaner program from a German site. Many people have said that it fixes the problem and allows SpywareBlaster to run. We can not guarantee this will work, but it might be worth a try. The alternative if you don't wish to try that is to wait for Javacool to find an automated fix to the cws hijacker issue.

3. Falcon29

Falcon29 Registered Member

undefinedGeorgiaI have same problem. Had several 'search' problems. Hijacked home page, etc. Friend downloaded Spyblaster, found 'German' connection and was finally able to defeat problems. I was in Google, clicked on a connection and there it was again. Defeated SpywareBlaster. I'm getting same error message, 'damaged'. Tried to download 3.1 and had same message. Guess I'll go looking for 'German connection'.

4. Falcon29

Falcon29 Registered Member

' German connection didn't help, don't speak German.

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

If u would like to try it, just click on Download at the bottom of that page. I read somewhere it is in english.

snowbound

6. Bobcat1289

Bobcat1289 Registered Member

basically the easiest way to clean out cool web search is by getting spybot search and destroy. www.safer-networking.org it is on that web site but to the best of my knowledge you have to run your comp in safe mode because cool web search is attached to your memory and the only way spybot can get spyware like that out is by removing it in safe mode but try to take it out in regular mode first ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.