SpywareBlaster 2.6.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Hubbabub, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hubbabub

Hubbabub Guest

I downloaded this today (09/11/2003)
    Spyware Blaster v2.6.1

snipped - paul

When the programs open the Database Info say
    Date: 9/9/03
    Items: 806

But if I click on the "Check for Updates" and download the updates there
    Then the Database Info say
    Date: 9/1/03
    Items: 706

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Hubbabbub,

I've deleted the download URL mentioned; the official announcement from the new version will be made by the software developper Javacool as soon as all's ready.

Hope you'll understand ;)

regards.

paul

3. zlogic

zlogic Registered Member

Should v.2.6.0 be removed before installing 2.6.1?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

If you have an older version of SpywareBlaster installed you can either uninstall the old version first, or install over-the-top - either method should work.

To Hubbabub: The new version is now officially released! Please run the Check for Updates feature again and you'll grab the latest database. Thanks! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Ian Bartlett

Ian Bartlett Guest

I have downloaded Spywareblaster 2.6.1 and installed over the previous version (2.6.0) on my Win 95 OS. I'm amazed at the improvement and must congratulate you. Previously it took about one and a half minutes to load and when I updated I looked at a blank database for about the same period of time before it reappeared with the data. Furthermore after I had connected to the update site and closed the program I always got a run time error message which I had to click "OK" on before it closed. I did tell you all about this at one time and we put it down to a possible resource deficiency on my computer. I wish I knew what you have done that's different because now everything is almost instantaneous and it now closes after update without the run time error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.