SpywareBlaster 2.6.1 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firehawk42

firehawk42 Guest

Yes...I just figured out that I am indeed completely wrong.

My apologies to subratam for the excellent (and entirely correct) information. I was proceding on exactly the invalid assumption you were thinking I was.

Thanks, all! And BTW, great product! :)

Mike

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi again firehawk,

glad to come to your help,

have a great day and yes.. SB is a great product for sure :)

cya soon

3. wender

wender Guest

:-* for your lovely works..! want to pay for but i am not used to use paypal and looking for a cheap and easy way..
    Wish you all support.

on experience i can avoid a lot of mail, looking at mailname and filebytes but this blocks too accepting unknown people with a message with occasionally the same nmbr of bytes and without malware..
    And mice-communications are awfull, an user needs to fully have control over it.
    Gluck.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I've split the last reply to it's own topic here where it will get more attention.

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Ditto for this one,

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=25261

snowbound

6. Vector

Vector Registered Member

I still need help, and posted in another thread that has not got a reply yet. The problem is that when I attempt to "Check for Updates", the following comes up:

There was an error getting the update information file from the server. The server may be temporarily unavailable, or there may be a conflict with firewall software installed on your pc. The update information file may have also gotten corrupted during download. Please try again.

Well, this has been happening now for almost two weeks. I would like to keep updated with SpywareBlaster.

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Vector,

Have you tried adjusting the download method as described in this post and shown in this image? Sometimes checking that option helps get around the download problem. What are your settings in that screen?

8. Vector

Vector Registered Member

Hey Mark,

I tried adjusting the download method, still getting the error message. The settings in that screen are:

It is only until recently that I started to have problems with the program. I was considering a "System Restore", but would like to leave that as a last resort.

- Changed image from 1MB third-party img tag link to 12KB local image below - LWM

Attached Files:

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Could you try selecting the "Use a direct connection to the Internet" option? Let me know if it changes anything. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

10. sobitthen

sobitthen Registered Member

can't access site to dl the program spywareblaster. is the link down?

11. javacool

12. lilmama

lilmama Registered Member

Am having the same problem (not in Spywareblaster -- just in SpywareGuard). Spywareblaster tells me I have no new updates. SpywareGuard tells me: "There was an error getting the update information file from the server. The server may be temporarily unavailable, or there may be a conflict with firewall software installed on your pc. The update information file may have also gotten corrupted during download. Please try again".

13. javacool

The latest update for SpywareBlaster is 3/19/04, and the current server problems do not affect the SpywareBlaster Check for Updates function. :)

SpywareGuard's updating utility, however, will be affected until the server issues are resolved. Unfortunately there isn't a way around that at the moment. :doubt: But I'm hoping to have things back up very soon.

Best regards,

-Javacool

14. lilmama

lilmama Registered Member

Hey ..... stuff happens! I'll just keep checking back until the *stuff* is resolved! Too good a program to walk away from! :D Hang in there!

15. Vector

Vector Registered Member

I tried the "Use a direct connection to the internet" option, and nothing has changed. Do I need to adjust my firewall?

16. lively

lively Guest

Help, peas, pretty peas!

Despite several install/uninstall actions, I was not able to create a shortcut that would allow me to start the program. So, every time I close it, I can't run it again unless I reinstall it. Well, that's dumb, and I'm probably dumb then - but where the heck is a command that creates a shortcut on the desktop; or - how else can I start the program when I want to get updateso_O?

Thanks!

17. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi and welcome, lively,

Assuming your installation went properly, there should be an entry for the program (forget which one you meant, but doesn't matter) in your Start Menu. Right-click on that (the program name, that is), select "Send to..." and then "Desktop as shortcut". And voila!

If for some reason it's not in your start menu, you can do exactly the same thing if you can find it in Win Explorer.

Best,
    Mike

18. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, MikeBCda

When you make a reply post the topic summary is at the bottom of the reply post page. So you will be able to see what the question was.

Hope you do not mind me telling you this.
    TheQuest :cool:

19. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi Quest - no offense taken. :) I'm aware of that summary, but (on my system, anyway) it only shows the last few posts of the thread, which is getting rather long by now, and even in the "main" listing I couldn't see a previous post from him/her specific to the program. Both SG and SB were brought up in this thread, plus maybe a couple of others as well.
    Best,
    Mike

20. lively

lively Guest

Thanks, guys! I know about all those options, both didn't list SpywareBlaster and that's what made me wonder what the heck was going on.

I was totally impatient so, while waiting for answers, I did the install a couple more times, and the last one took!!! I don't have a clue what went wrong so many times .. but, hey, who cares - it finally works. :)

21. Alexandra

Alexandra Guest

(ok, this is the third time i've tried to post this! grrrrr)

After downloading the new Blaster program (from dl site #1), I had a prompt that said the set-up file is corrupted. :doubt:

I didn't see anyone else posting that same problem, so an FYI.

Thanks

22. LowWaterMark

Were you finally able to get the file downloaded (perhaps from one of the other links)? All the links appear to be working, so I can't say why you are having difficulties.

23. LowWaterMark

Post by Vector split to this thread for more analysis:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26159

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.