spyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chaos16, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

is it true that adaware se has lost its touch.
    I use the program and there are not so many updates as there once were. and an update doesn't remove as many as much as before.
    Which antispyware to date has the biggest databaseo_O?
    like we know that KAv has the biggest database for a AV.

But which antispyware has the biggest database.o_O

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I personally think Ad-Aware has greatly improved over the last several months. I get updates almost every day from them and it catches thing SpyBot misses. I rely on it for a lot of my clients PCs.

Using it in conjunction with Spybot and SpywareBlaster, I never have any spyware on my PC. Plus NOD32 catches quite a bit too.

3. chaos16

But there aren't so many updates by adaware like before. before there used to be on like every 2-3 days. but now onces a week.
    But i would just like to know which antispyware has the biggest database. i use spywareblaster, spywareguard, adaware se, spybot-search & destroy, zonealarm, KAV antivirus pro, firefox.

4. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Ad-aware still is a great tool, however to combat all of todays threats, you really need to be using more than one tool together. If you want to get a more official answer, you may want to visit the lavasoft support forum found at

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

Jimbob

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

chaos16. I don't know which who has the largest database, but Spy Sweeper has one of the largest, 61105 as of today.

Cap. Are you sure that you it's Ad-Aware you're thinking about, because the Ad-Aware that i'm using (1.05) doesn't update almost every day , in fact they seem to update less over the last months. :)

6. chaos16

ye i know that wat i am saying that now it updates like once a week. I said it used to update more before.

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Forgive me if I am mistaken. I have used Ad-Aware for a long time. I don't try the update every day, but I do it twice a week minimum and there is always a new def. I updated this morning in fact. and last sunday.

But forgive me if I am wrong :)

8. K+E(#

K+E(# Guest

Im very disapointed with Ad-Aware

I sent them several samples that are until now detected by most AS vendors and they did not add them and its been over a month.

I uploadede usupicius files on ther server via their web site..

I dont know what to say but I think that something is heppening there :(

9. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

There are plenty of disgruntled voices at the Lavasoft Forum these days. People want a prog that will simply clear their problems at the click of a mouse. Unfortunately you can't do that with current spyware infections - prevention really is better than cure.

I get AdAware updates about every 10 - 14 days. Maybe weekly if I'm lucky - but certainly not twice a week at the moment!

10. chaos16

thats why i use spywareblaster for preventing adaware se and spybotsearch & destroy. I would use KAV riskware but it doesn't let me use mirc so i disabled it.
    that why i want to know which antispyware has the biggest database if anyone know for sure pls tell

11. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I think Giant/MS-AS is definitely the best at the present time.

12. triumph

triumph Guest

Pest Patrol has the biggest database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.