spyware terminator

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bamaman66, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

Does spyware terminator and super antispyware check for the same problems? I have them both on my computer and would like to delete one if they perform the same functions.

2. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Short answer: yes.

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

If you're using SAS-Free, then ST does offer the real-time guard, Antivirus Integration and HIPS. If you're using SAS-Paid, you would only need one of them in real-time. SAS would get the edge there, in my opinion.

4. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

SAS has superior spyware/adware/trojan/rootkit detection and removal when compared to ST. If you wish to keep ST as real-time then use SAS on-demand since nothing is 100%.

5. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I may be being "picky" here, but just in case you really meant "delete", don't. Use the uninstall function in "add remove programs".

6. prozabor

prozabor Registered Member

If you are talking about Spyware Terminator, I would like to ask you:
    Does ST 2.0 make problem with using it and system? Because i think it is good because for exaple it protect computer in real time. I have not try ST on my computer still.

7. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

prozabor, no significant problems with SpywareTerminator (2.0.1.224). Teething problems at times. Some users have reported problems, especially those using the integrated Clam AV, mainly to do with updates, I think.
    The HIPS feature produces some popups. If you don't like Comodo firewall for this reason, you probably won't like ST with the HIPS on.
    Not heavy on resources, scans are quite fast, removal ability not tested since I haven't had any malware since installing it. Price is right, support forums active.

8. prozabor

Yes but I am interested in realtime scaner in ST not in HIPS:)

9. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Then you won't get so many alerts. You will get some, depending on what settings you have, and how you use your computer.
    Try it out and see.

10. prozabor

I will think about it:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.