Spyware Terminator or Cyberhawk?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by testsoso, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testsoso

testsoso Registered Member

Which one can protect me better realtime against malware?

2. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

I am not a expert in computers. I have used both at the same time and i have found that they compliment each other very well...so i would use both of them!!

3. testsoso

testsoso Registered Member

if you run both, than you must have a lot of ram. which i don't have. so i need to only shoos one.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id say Cyberhawk. it focuses on malware in general (not just spyware) and it runs very light.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Ha, both are freewares,what is the fuss? Just look at these two areas: system and product compatiability, resource usage. In all, your system can pass, go ahead use both. If not, I prefer CH, because it has community based data pool, which can often detect more malwares, not just spywares,just like WSFuser has said on previous post. Make a smart choice. And :) Have a nice one.

6. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

If i would have to choose...i would go with Cyberhawk.

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Unfortunatly, Cyberhawk still have a few bugs monitoring some registry entries, so I could not advice it for now...

Spyware Terminator does an effective job with its real-time shield...

8. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Bugs? What bugs? I like ST, but if Ihad to choose one for RealTime Protection it would be Cyberhawk, but also add Arovax Shield.

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

On my system, the monitor of startup registries doesn't work, a few other things...

I already reported that to the developers...

10. duke1959

Thanks V_C. Cyberhawk seems to run fine on mine, but what are the symptoms of this? Also, I have always liked Spyware Terminator, lightweight, good prevention, and easy to use. However I have found Arovax Shield to run just as light, and Cyberhawk's memory usage is less with it than it is with ST. I do understand that ST covers more PC areas than AS does, but I think along with Ch it's sufficient enough protection.

11. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

On my system, programs can add themselves to start with windows and I will not be notified about that...

12. duke1959

How do you check this? Or are you saying when you install a new program that starts with Windows it doesn't alert you like WinPatrol, Spyware Terminator, or Arovax Shield does?

13. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Just use a program that have an option for that, or use the program that manage my windows startup entries...
    I only have this issue with the last version, so I think and hope that the new version will have this fixed...

Yep.

Check if you also have this issue on your system, and tell me the result...

14. duke1959

No it must not be working because Arovax Shield immediately popped up an alert when I added WinPatrol Free to Start Up, and again when I removed it. If Cyberhawk is supposed to do this I hope they add a way to set the Suspicious Activities back to zero in the next version as well. Take care V_C and thanks for the info.

15. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Between the two, my vote is for Cyberhawk if it plays nice with the other installed security software.
    SourMilk out

16. btman

btman Registered Member

Spyware Terminator does NOT focus on only spyware. That was directed @ WSFuser.

I don't have Cyberhawk, but I'd choose Spyware Terminator over it.

17. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

In my most recent experiences with only the one i would say that CyberHawk "should" be better BUT i will be able to offer a more informative assessment of ST after a few days with it since i just installed it and turned on it's real-time plus HIPS and ready to run it thru the mill awhile. I am impressed with some of ST's features that i read posted about.

18. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

that could be, though i kinda consider Cyberhawk being more powerful.

19. duke1959

Just want to say thanks for doing this EASTER.2010. It has been mention here that the two could be used together, I guess because one could possibly catch something that the other wouldn't. Spyware Terminator with it's various Guards, and HIPS like detection of new programs, and Cyberhawk with it's Behavioral detection. I like ST, but just think that Arovax Shield would be a better compliment to CH than ST would. If you want, give Arovax Shield 2.1.90 a spin too. It's a beta version, but is very stable and has been running with my Zone Alarm Free 4.5.594, AVG AV Pro, and Cyberhawk for 2 days now very smoothly and with no problems. I'm not saying it covers all of what ST does, but someone said it passed all but one of the Spycar Tests, and I don't believe ST faired nearly that well. I don't however, know how legit that test is. Anyway take care and I'll look forward to you findings.

20. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Well is entirely too early to make comparisons just yet BUT, ST seems to operate stable in the company i keep as "Resident" as in KIS6..SSM...

I was a bit concerned at first if the SDT Table residents/hookers would allow safely ST's hooks but safemon.sys didn't seem to mind being displaced in 11 lines of coverage.

My KIS6 passes all of those and nearly all leak tests i tried at it but i'm sure your ST results are likely correct, i dunno myself.

I personally feel that ST is a work still-in-progress so i wouldn't discount it entirely or give it up to a CyberHawk unless your results turn up better returns than ST.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.