Spyware Terminator and Spyware Blaster...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bgfalconboy, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Any conflicts I need to know about. I'm getting ready to get rid of SB S&D and try Spyware Terminator. Thanks.

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Since you have a desire to make changes to your defense lineups and you also have your lineups on display, I may wish to provide some suggestions; you have limited memory capacity (256 mb), which is, perhaps a handicap in today's cyber life. But nerver mind, you could at least comterplate these apps: Replacing ZA free with OA free 2(firewall with many other features, including HIPS), switching AVG free with Avast home, keeping Spyware Blaster, kicking out SpyBot S&D, adding Spyware Terminator (turing on shields, swithching of HISP). If your free RAM is dropping too low at any given time, you may consider enlist memory optimizer (there are some freeware around, just could not shake them off my head right moment). This way perhaps will strengthen your current defense profiles. Good luck.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

You can use both. Spyware Blaster has more immunizations then Spyware Terminators does. But Spyware Terminator has a real time shield and you can just not use Terminator's immunization if you are happy with Spyware Blasters.

4. HURST

HURST Registered Member

just wondering....can you use both inmunizations?

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I use both. Spyware Terminator does not seem to add anything to the bad website list AFAIK. Spyware Blaster added a lot. I use both and I feel safer. Spyware Blaster covers what Spyware Terminator does not and vice versa.

6. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

Spyware Blaster immunizes your computer from bad domains, bad cookies and bad activeX objects.
    Spyware Terminator just immunizes from activex objects.

A 1:1 comparison of ST and Spyware Blaster activeX immunization would show ST covers all that Spyware Blaster covers and more.

Spyware Terminator has over 5000 activeX items.
    SpywareBlaster has near 3000 activeX items.
    Near 1750 of them overlap.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.