Spyware Terminator 2012 Version 3.x Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mops21, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I've tested it as well, with horrid results. Not keeping this, should've been better if they kept the free Clam AV.

2. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

Hahaha J. You tried it I bet right? :D

3. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

me broke too :thumb:

4. ichito

ichito Registered Member

My friend Zord (from Polish forum SG) few days ago has discovered that ST gets updates by torrents
    ST updating.png

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Thats their Client to Client updating. Which was add in version 2.6 i think

6. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

same, it just sucks

7. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Clam AV was changing to much and was causing alot of issue with ST theys why they had to drop Clam.

8. ichito

ichito Registered Member

New version Spyware Terminator 2012 Version: 3.0.0.45 to download. Small list of changes...I found it only in Softpedia
    :cautious:

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What? Does it mean native support?

10. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi

A new Programm Versiopn is out

Spyware Terminator 3.0.0.45 release version for 32 & 64 bit operating systems.

Changes/fixes:
    Basic/Advance shield change-> restart of SpywareTerminatorShield.exe
    Minimized Scan - set higher priority of the scan thread
    No more "Abort screen" after cleaning
    HIPS High - load library detection
    TrialPay form displayed before uninstall of free version
    Disable AV in service as soon as changed in settings
    Scheduler right after the boot - the first action is run after 5 minutes after system boot
    Service description
    Shield doesn't freeze anymore after restart in disabled mode
    Deletion of root registry keys
    F-Prot logo is displayed in settings, at scan progress if F-Prot is integrated and on upgrade message
    Settings - default value of Display Scan Progress is checked

http://forum.spywareterminator.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7268

http://www.spywareterminator.com/de/download/download.aspx

11. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Nice to see they are developing ST faster now.

Not a bad changelog. I see a few good things in there that will help improve it such as the rebuild of the HIPs database when you move to HIGH.

12. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Spyware Terminator is a very childish name.Change it to ST security or something more professional.

13. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I don't like the 2012 version.... It feels very..... stripped down version:thumbd:

14. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

While I was really impressed by the original versions of Spyware Terminator - good detection, fast scan speeds and nice user interface, as of the past few years I no longer use it.

For me it gives too many false positives. Now if I was to compare this to Malwarebytes, I can say that Malwarebytes has never ever given me a false positive, and I've used on many different computers. Also Spyware Terminator seems to quite often label "rogue" registry cleaners as rogue antispyware software. Personally I would not want to use software which can not even get it's classifications right.

I have not done much testing with the current version, I uninstalled it after doing just one scan.

This is a great shame as I used to love Spyware Terminator.

15. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

well, i would really like to see some tests being done on it...........to know if its still as good..........hearsay is no opinion in my opinion....

16. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Spyware Terminator 3.0.0.50 release version with multilingual support

* Added languages:
    Brazilian Portuguese, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish

- fixes:
    automatic scan with database checking always starts
    disabling automatic updates removes updater from Windows StartUp registry key

We will offer update to new version for all old versions of Spyware Terminator this week.
    If you find any text issues of our translations, feel free to post a screens on our forum and we will correct the mistakes.

http://forum.spywareterminator.com/Default.aspx?g=topics&f=5

http://forum.spywareterminator.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7307

http://www.spywareterminator.com/de/download/download.aspx

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=312625

17. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

18. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

Well, I must say, I downloaded the free version of Spyware Terminator and so far am very impressed. I don't need the paid version because I've already got F-Prot av. Is Spyware Terminator supposed to be identified in Security Center? I use Vista 32-bit operating system. At this point Security Center is not identifying it. Would you keep Windows Defender on to run alongside Spyware Terminator?

19. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

20. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I used to use it some years ago it was good then i believe it is good now. I found this review from Softpedia dated November 2011.. their rating "very good" is very impressive.. :)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/Spyware-Terminator.shtml

Real-Time Protection against spyware and adware.

Written by Bogdan Popa on November 15th, 2011
    Joining the fight against malicious files is Spyware Terminator, a downloadable software solution that has the power to detect and remove spyware and adware quick and easy.

The greatest thing about Spyware Terminator is that it really works and has all the things a user who fights against malicious files would ever need.

First of all, although it’s a freeware application, Spyware Terminator comes with real-time protection, which means the computer stays on the safe side all the time. The app thus monitors the entire activity on the computer and blocks dangerous files from entering the machine.

Secondly, there’s the automatic update feature that keeps you up to date with the latest spyware and adware definitions, which means that once again you’ll be fully protected thanks to Spyware Terminator.

Last but not least, the application provides two scanning modes, on-demand and automatic, one for each type of user. Plus, the on-demand mode includes three different options, fast, full and custom. Each of them worked flawlessly during our test, with the full mode taking up to 10 minutes for around 70.000 scanned items.

Still, Spyware Terminator eats up the CPU and RAM during the scanning process, so it’s recommended to close all the other programs and avoid using the computer while performing a full scan.

Of course, the settings menu is pretty rich, so you’ll find there a lot of options to play with, but it’s better to leave things unchanged if you’re not an experienced user.

Spyware Terminator also comes with a handful of useful tools, such as an online vault, a system restore feature, a locked file remover plus a PC optimizer.

All things considered, Spyware Terminator remains one of the best tools of its kind, and although it comes with ads displayed in the main window, it’s still an easy way to defend your computer.

Hogndog

21. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

im just curious does anyone run the paid version here?

22. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I'm not liking the looks of this toolbar that may be part of the package.. what is it with the run on toolbars they all want to bundle one into your software sometimes whether you like it or not.. from the lesser known vendors to some of the big and famous.. :shifty:

http://www.crawler.com/products/toolbar.aspx

Hogndog

23. ichito

ichito Registered Member

It's a little bit strange because ST actually have not HIPS setting in comparison to the 2.x version...ST was always for me nice HIPS.

24. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

its there. its in the advanced settings menu.

25. ichito

ichito Registered Member

We are talking about this?
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1932267&postcount=37

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.