spyware still on machine

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by bighorn, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bighorn

bighorn Registered Member

I currently have many symptoms of a spyware infection on my computer. Also, when I start up the machine and get to my windows 2000 desktop a message appears from my task bar saying that 'your computer is infected with spyware and click here to download the most recent anti-spyware software'. Spyaxe was downloaded initially but I have since removed it since I didn't know if it was legit. I have downloaded Spybot S&D in addition to Spyware Blaster to try and take care of this but I still get that message everytime I startup. Then when I go to the internet my homepage has been changed to a anti-spyware website and I cannot change the homepage in my internet options. Then after 5-10 minutes on the internet the system locks up and www.syserror appears and flashes in the bottom lefthand corner of the screen. Is this a common problem? Do I need to install even more software to cleanup my machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. maitreya667

maitreya667 Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.