Spyware removal with Privacy Expert 8

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by kite, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kite

kite Guest

just ran the spyware removal scan for the first time.

it comes up with a list of windows xp start menu entries under the header 'telephon spy'... all pointing to trusted normal applications from which i do not want to remove the menu entry.

what is this? telephone spy? i don't regard a number of video utilities eg as a threat.

how do i have to interpret this?

kite

2. kite

kite Guest

weird; now a few days later after a couple of spyware-definition updates a scan this evening did not show the telephon spy detections with start menu entries. and i did not press proceed the first time.

3. werne

werne Registered Member

Same thing happens to me except it still happpens with the latest Build 714. In my case it identifies the shortcuts (not the program files) of my NOD32 Antivirus program. It is nested in a subdirectory called Eset. The screen shot shows:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  4. werne

werne Registered Member

I am happy to report that as of the 15 Mar 2005 spyware module update, Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 Build 714, no longer reports the program shortcuts for NOD32 as spyware on my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.