spyware removal question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rita, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi
    I ran a scan with Giant and it found 3 instances of spyware(screen shot)ok I had clicked to remove them,then I done a scan with Adware SE right after I had removed them and it also found the same three.Shouldnt they have been removed by giant?

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Good morning rita, those spyware that you found are tracking cookies. Do you have spywareblaster? Spywareblaster will block most cookies from those sites. Are you using firefox or IE?

For 2 months now, my computer has stayed clean of spyware 100% cos' I'm extremely cautious. I block most of those cookies.

Have you been visiting websites with advertisements on them?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Nadirah
    I knew they were tracking cookies but my question was why Giant didnt remove them,I had just scanned with giant and clicked to remove them,then immediately scanned with Adware se and it found the same three so I'm wondering why giant didnt remove themYes,I have spywareblaster and am using IE I dont visit sites with a lot of advertising,though I do get warned and block alot of fast click and double click but I block them always Thanks alot for replying--appreciate it.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Rita,

I believe that has to do with where Giant actually scans for cookies versus where Adaware does....in respect to your cache.

What I would like to point out if I may is the existance of those 3 cookies and the Companies they are associated with. While I can see 2 of them plainly....the other is probably Casalemedia ?

If you haven't already considered....I suggest you consider taking a look at another layer of protection for IE and it's called IE-Spyad. It would have blocked those three cookies for sure and Restricted what might have infected your system if you went any where close to Euniverse.

IE-SPYAD: Restricted Sites List for Internet Explorer

"IE-SPYAD adds a long list of sites and domains associated with known advertisers, marketers, and crapware pushers to the Restricted sites zone of Internet Explorer. Once you merge this list of sites and domains into the Registry, the web sites for these companies will not be able to use cookies, ActiveX controls, Java applets, or scripting to compromise your privacy or your PC while you surf the Net. Nor will they be able to use your browser to push unwanted pop-ups, cookies, or auto-installing programs on your PC."

5. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Thanks Bubba
    I will take a look at IE spyad.Thank you for the link-going to go now and check it out,appreciate it.--the other one was casalemedia as you thought.
    Rita

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Rita, u might consider changing from IE to either Firefox or Opera.

Since i have, never had a tracking cookie since, or anything else for that matter. ;)

Feel a lot more secure knowing it....

snowbound

7. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Snowbound
    actually i have thought about changing to firefox but just havent done it yet--sounds good no tracking cookies etc.--thanks for the tip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.