Spyware problems

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by shawyn, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawyn

shawyn Registered Member

Hi!!!

I gota problem using spybot, once i trace the spyware and all ware including stupid underware... I clean it all, but then I can log in my isp webmail provider and i have to reformat my pc after that i can log in my webmail.

The question is, why does it happen and where do i go wrongo_Oo_O

Now i refuse to use spybot for a while untill i found the problem. Can some body give a hand over hereo_O? :doubt:

2. shawyn

shawyn Registered Member

Another small problem

I surf the net using dsl, before i know all these spyware, adware and all ware-ware, i can browse and download any program so quick and very high speed. But now I surf like i using 56k modem. Why does it happeno_O?

I already set the connecting status at dsl cable at 256Mb but it still same.

Show me.... :(

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi shawyn, and welcome to Wilders.

It is difficult to tell what has happened after you've scanned with Spybot S&D since you have not mentioned what spyware it has detected and removed. If you could also give us more details like what your operating system is, other security programs you've used, and also what kind of error message (if any) you are receiving when going to your webmail, that would definitely help. :)

Since you have said you've uninstalled Spybot, you might want to try Ad-Aware SE Personal and see if that works any better for you. It may take several scans with a reboot inbetween to completely remove some of the more stubborn spyware.

If you are still finding the spyware coming back, then you may want to consider posting a HijackThis log at one of the anti-spyware forums for further cleaning. You can find a list of forums that offer this type of system cleaning here: ASAP

The two bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than most others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum sections prior to posting.

It probably wouldn't hurt to do an on-line virus scan too. You can find a list here: Free Services

Regards,

snap

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Shawyn welcome to Wilders. Once your system is clean I would suggest taking a look here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger and here for more.

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

6. anti-spyware

anti-spyware Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.