Spyware or legitimate programs?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by centaur, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. centaur

centaur Registered Member

I recently was infected with lop.com spyware through msn messenger plus download. Got rid of it via a program from an u.k suggested in this site one one of its older threads and uninstalled msn plus.

After this, I still had 2 folders with suspicious folder names & programs in my My computer-Documents and settings-Main user-Appllication data Folder.

They were:

Bits More - one funk.exe, and

win frag peak - base road vga.exe
    win frag peak - four live dog tic.exe
    win frag peak - memo mfcd.exe
    win frag peak - mtcbcywo.exe

Of which onefunk.exe which was in the startup programs was identified as an Omega spyware and removed it by Omega Ripper program.

Win patrol & Internet explorer anti spyware showed memo mfcd.exe as a start up program and base road vga.exe is in my task schedular. Nothing was showing in my 'Task Schedular' except 'Add new Task'. Any way, I have disabled them both via Win patrol.

All these progams are escaping Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware blaster, Spyware gauard, AVG Anti virus, HighjackThis, IE Anti Spyware and Win Patrol. My operating system is Windows XP.

I would like help in identifying these as to whether they are legitimate files used by some programs or Spyware and if it is, advise on removing them.

Thanks in advance.

centaur :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.