Spyware Infested Filesharing Programs [03 Aug 2005]

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Paul2, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

It's a pity that the list isn't in alphabetic order.

3. ErikAlbert

In addition to my previous remark :
    Keep in mind that I'm talking about the original writer of that list, not the one who posted the list.

The list is indeed not sorted in alphabetic order and that's wrong.
    You don't create such a long list with more than 150 P2P softwares without alphabetic order.

For example : how long does it take to find out, if winMX is listed or not.
    You need to read the full list to know that.
    The list is for that reason also unpractical to print, because it takes a long time to consult that list.

Some people will say : hey stupid, you can use the "find on this page" function.
    That's correct, but not every user knows that function in their browser.

I know users who work with text processers for years and still don't know the many possibilities
    of a text processor, like copy/paste, search, spelling, formatting, ...
    They open an existing document, they remove everything they don't need, complete the document, store the document under a new name and print it.
    In other words, they use the basic functions of a text processor over and over again.
    That's the real typical user. I'm lucky that some of them are different.

4. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Yeah!! I am safe, for now. ;)

5. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Copy and paste the list into Excel and then use Excel to sort into alphabetical order.

Oops, I never noticed that second post, oh well.

6. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Putting aside the insensibility of the author not sorting it into alphebetical order, at least someone has made an effort at compiling such a list :)

7. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Well, maybe I'm lucky....or just play it smart and safe....but I've had Limewire for well over 6 months now and haven't had any problems (no spyware, adware, etc. associated with it). Of course, I wouldn't download the "Limewire Download Manager" or "Limeware Accelerator", but as far as P2P clients go, I think it's among the safest and most reliable.

Since I'm not giving Limewire up, guess I'll just have to remain smart when using it :D

8. ErikAlbert

That's true, but when something is wrong I like to say it, not to hurt somebody, but to teach somebody and I'm not qualified to verify the CONTENTS of the list and I don't even know the author.
    What is "KppFree Soft" anyway ? Who and what are they ?

I have sent them an email about this, otherwise the list will never be improved.

I wished Eric Howes had created such a list, the same way like he did for rogue AS softwares.

9. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Wasn't disagreeing with you :)

And I also agree that a list from Eric Howes would put a lot of peoples mind at ease about the credibility of the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.