spyware guides active x block list

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

I was wondering does any one know where I can find a reputable replacement coz it would appear that its no longer avalible

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I think SpywareBlaster has activex blocking as part of its protection for IE.

3. Bethrezen

hi

I'm aware that Spyware-Blaster, Spyware-Stopper and ImmunizeNOW! have active x block lists but what I'm really after though is a block list like IESpy-AD something that I can just use with out the need to get another program

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Bethrezen,

How about a host file, like MVPS?

Take Care
    Rico

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Well I tried searching, but all the activex block lists I found are part of a program.

6. SKA

SKA Registered Member

I too wish for an updated list that covers dak's CBL, IE Spy-Ad & possibly Spybot Search n Destroy (SSD by Patrick Kolla) & others.

Any comments on which is most updated program ? Immunize Now or SSD ?

Thanks
    SKA

7. Bethrezen

you arn't the only one its a pity spyware guide didn't pass there list off to a third party like the source forge

I just had an idea what about if a few of us here at wilders created our own ??

we could make a good start by compiling the different active x lists from apps like Spybot Spyware-Blaster, ImmunizeNOW! in to one reg file that people could just use if like me they didn't want to get another program

we would need to ask permission from though apps respective authors of course but i shouldn't see that there would be a problems as Spybot Spyware-Blaster, ImmunizeNOW! are all freeware

what do ya think ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.