Spyware Guard ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hollywoodpc, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

I am not new to the computing world . I know a little about spyware . lol . I am confused though and would appreciate some input . I hear so much about how wonderful SpywareBlaster and Spyware Guard are . To me , IE can do what SpywareBlaster does . Disable Active X . That i9s not the point though . If Spyware Guard is sooooo good , why was it last updated back on January 22 ? When other AS programs , MOST OF THEM I THINK , update alot more frequently than that . I do not use it but , looked into it as a possible layer on top of what I have . I use Outpost and it takes care of what Spyware Blaster does so , that is covered . Not wanting to stir anything up but , I hear how good Spyware Guard is but , no evidence of why . Thanks for the help . I use MS right now ( Giant ) but , we all know MS will screw it up in time .

2. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

As far as i read on the forums Spyware Guard catches through its heuristics. I guess a2 too currently have a freeware call Hijackfree. Personally i havent used anyone of those above mentioned. Might not help one but could be useful to other ;)

Thx to Javacool & Andreas for their effort :)

3. hollywoodpc

To whoever moved this .
    I do not know what protocal you are working under but , I think it is in the best interest to tell us WHERE it is moved to . And I am sorry I posted in the wrong place supposedly . I guess Spyware Guard is NOT a privacy software . I would now like to know what it is then . Thank you

4. MushfiQ

5. hollywoodpc

I found it ! Yea . I did not see a javacool cause I never paid attention to anything from Javacool . I still think it would have been nice to tell me where it went though . I thought I have seen that with most moderators . I may be mistaken . If so , my apologies . Back to business . Just realized that the last update was January 22 2004 . 2004 ? Excuse me . And this is good software .? I am very confused now as to why people use this . I am just trying to understand why it should even be considered now . Thanks

6. MushfiQ

As i said Javacool mentioned in the sticky postst already it catches through its heuristics. BTW...he mentioned there would be some few more updated proggies would be out soon...fingers crossed ;)

Check this out too >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi hollywoodpc,

SpywareGuard is a privacy software app, but since we do have the Official Javacool Software Forum here, and SpywareGuard is a Javacool software, that is why it has been moved to this forum where it will get the best response.

To answer your question in regards to a Moderator placing a 'move notice' post in the moved thread - the majority of the time we will place a reply post in a moved thread to inform the thread starter that the thread has been moved to a more suitable forum, especially if the member is a new member and still unfamiliar with the forum and how the clickable redirect placeholders that are left behind in the previous forum work.

Other times, if there is no 'moved reply' posted in the moved thread, it could be that the Moderator that moved it was also busy with other moderating duties that had required their immediate attention at the same time, or they were suddenly needed elsewhere (remember, we are all volunteers here with families that may also need our immediate attention at the same time we're moderating in the forum.) Another reason could be that the Moderator decided not to interrupt the thread's discussion and take it off-topic (similiar to what my post now is doing) with creating a unnecessary 'move reply' post if they felt the members in the thread have been here long enough to be aware of how to find their thread's location by clicking on the redirect placeholder in the previous forum.

In any case, registered members can always PM any Mod or Admin to find their thread if they are unable to locate it themselves.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

snap

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

~Raising my hand~
    I be the one....and as Snap said....the "protocol" varies....given the explanation she gave. Surely with your tenure here you have noticed many threads moved....especially obvious ones where a product Forum exists o_O

Regards,
    Bubba

9. hollywoodpc

That you my friends . And Bubba , you are a trip ! lol . Hand up . lol . Again , thanks and sorry I never thought about Javacool . My fault there .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.