Spyware Guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DellaW1, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DellaW1

DellaW1 Registered Member

I am fairly new to computers and forums. I installed Spyware Guard, I wanted to install another program , which Spyware Guard would not allow it. I then wanted to unistall Spyware Guard, it keeps coming up the exit or close, the program, I have tryed eveything, it will not totally close so I can unistall it. Can anyone help?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi DellaW1. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Since your post is specifically about Spywareguard, i will move this thread to the SpywareBlaster and other forum for better attention.

If i understand your question right, have u tried opening the Spywareguard interface, going to File, clicking on Exit to close Spywareguard then uninstalling it?

snowbound

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In order to un-install SpywareGuard....you need to properly stop it's Real Time scanning engine(Explorer ShellHook....81559C35-8464-49F7-BB0E-07A383BEF910) and it's Download\Browser Highjack protection(sgmain.exe\sgbhp.exe).

With SpywareGuard's GUI open....select Options....then un-check the 3 boxes....select Save Settings. Then select File\Exit.

Attached Files:

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Thanks for that Bubba!:D

I,ve never had any reason to uninstall Spywareguard so i didn't realize all the protection should be unchecked first before exiting to uninstall.:p

Good luck DellaW1.:)

snowbound

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yeah me neither....but if that's a layer of protection some wish not to use....oh well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.