Spyware Guard, TeaTimer, and Defrag

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by MikeBCda, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Quite a while back, Javacool had recommended that before running a defrag, Spyware Guard's options should be unticked, options saved, and SG shut down (exited, via its menu) before doing a defrag. Apparently there'd been some problems reported defragging with SG fully active.

An addition to this, if I may -- if you also have Spybot S&D, and have its TeaTimer active, exit TeaTimer before doing anything to SG. I found out the hard way tonight that TeaTimer objects strenuously to the registry changes involved, and keeps blocking them.

And after the defrag, restart and reactivate SG before reactivating TeaTimer, for the same reason.

2. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

I do not believe that this statement is correct. TeaTimer does not block any registry changes unless instructed to do so by the user. It will block subsequent like registry changes if the user has selected "Deny change" with the "Remember this decision" option, but again this is a user initiated choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.