Spyware Guard/SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by masterwriter, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterwriter

masterwriter Guest

My defs for SGuard are 22 Jan 04. Is this the latest. Also when will the ne SBlaster be available
    Thanks
    ps I am probably in the wrong place but do you have any freeware to hide IP address when surfing?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

To answer your questions:

-Yes, 22 Jan 04 are the latest defs for SpywareGuard. Because of how SpywareGuard works (i.e. more "generic" or heuristic in nature) it doesn't need nearly as many updates as, for example, SpywareBlaster.

-The next SpywareBlaster version will be available soon. I can't give an exact date as anything can happen between the release and now. :) (The recent server problems are just one such example.)

-Your IP address is required for sites to know where to send back information - such as the webpages you request. You may be able to look into using a proxy server, however, which basically acts as an "middleman" - your request is sent to the proxy server, which then relays it to the website. Thus the website would only receive the IP address of the proxy server, not your IP address. (On the other hand, this is assuming the proxy server is configured properly. Also please note that using a proxy server to hide your IP address online does not mean a law enforcement agency cannot request details from the operator of the proxy server, and obtain a complete record of your activities. Your access speeds online will also be limited by the proxy server - if it is a public and, thus, very popular proxy you will probably see increased delays accessing websites.)

I hope this helps. :)

-Javacool

3. masterwriter

masterwriter Guest

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will look out for the new SpywareBlaster. In relation to hiding my IP address -it is only to protect me from hackers or those who would damage my system or track me with ads etc. I have no reason to fear law enforcement
    Best wishes

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You are most certainly welcome. :)

I hadn't assumed otherwise, but I felt it appropriate to highlight that proxies are certainly no complete solution. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. masterwriter

masterwriter Guest

OK thanks for your reply

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.