SpyWare Guard not blocking incoming!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by famreeks, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famreeks

famreeks Registered Member

I use adaware and thought I would try your product as it stated that it was a 'live' blocking of this type of threat - however it does not register any incoming spyware that adaware is picking up on. Why is this? Have I got sometning wrong?
    Mike
    P.S. I have all green ticks in the settings

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What exactly is Adaware picking up on that you feel Spyware Guard should block ?

3. mountaintours

mountaintours Registered Member

May I comment? "Ezula Top Text" is not blocked by Spyware Guard, Spybot Search & Destroy, or by AdAware 6.0. They detect and clean a "DSO Exploit", that I assume could be Ezula. But Ezula is hiding somewhere with an infection re-installer that re-infects with each and every use of INTERNET EXPLORER.

Only "Internet Cleanup" actually detects the name Ezula and cleans three register keys, but not the infection re-installer. So far no-one can find, block, or cure, this re-installer. I've tried almost everything. I have ETrust EZ Antivirus, AdAware 6.0, Spyware Guard, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spysweeper, Sygate Personal Firewall Pro, PCDocRX and Tweak Now Registry Cleaner. Yes I update everything. Ezula is laughing at us. It is MY COMPUTER and I am angry.

Today's (Monday's) afternoon mail finally brought a purchased (4.0) installation disk for Internet Cleanup. As instructed, uninstalled old version 3.0 and put in 4.0. Much improved, much more versatile, detected more, still finds ezula, clears it, and it still comes right back (in?) with Internet Explorer. %#*@#.

Mountain Tours.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  4. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

Just curious - have you ever tried Pest Patrol? I'm not an advocate of Pest Patrol - mainly because it identifies a boatload of false positives - but given that it does identify so many fp's, I was curious whether or not it identified Ezula.

5. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

Could it by any chance be a case of F/P? o_O

I'm saying that because I remember there was extensive discussion on another forum (SWI) last year about eZula, when many people (myself included) who have been religiously keeping our PCs squeaky clean and all our protection software updated, went to a site with an eZula detection script and were found to be infected.

The page with the detection script was this one: http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/q/ezulasurf.asp and as it later turned out, there was some flaw in the script (or the script itself was outdated or something) and that was the reason it gave this F/P.

I don't advocate Pest Patrol either for the very same reasons, but the site is often useful in providing info and removal instructions once a pest is identified for sure. There are actually detailed directions on the Pest Patrol site for locating and manually removing the eZula infection from your PC.
    eZula: http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/e/ezula.asp
    eZula TopText: http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/e/ezula_toptext.asp

Instructions are also given here:
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/ezula/index.phtml

Hope that helps...
    BS :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  6. sivegasmith

sivegasmith Registered Member

I'm not clear if FAMREEKS question was ever answered. I have the same problem. Use both AdAaware and Spysweeper - and both find something EVERY time I run, which is sometimes more than once a day! Here's a list of the regulars:

AdultLinks
    Delfin
    Downloadware
    FreeScratchandWin
    Online-Dialer
    RedSwoosh
    Roings Search Enhancment

Any suggestions? Oh, and errorplace.com keeps coming, and coming...

Thanks in advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.