Spyware Guard installation

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Helen, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen

Helen Guest

I have just installed Spyware Guard supposedly with the shortcut on the desktop, and, of course, listed in the Program listings. Both are in place. However, double clicking the icon on the desktop does nothing, and clicking on the link in the Programs does nothing. What is the point of having these two options if they do not open the program.

An icon does appear in my system tray, and it does open the program; however, this is the one place I do not want to have it. I assume it is working in the background as stated.

I have Windows XP, and installed the mini version as directed, uninstalled it, and installed the full version ----- Same thing!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, that is actually the way SpywareGuard was designed to work. The main links (the desktop icon and the link in the Programs listing) merely start SpywareGuard if its two processes are not already running. All the management and control is done by right-clicking the systray icon.

The systray icon is always there while SpywareGuard is running. There is not an option in SG to hide or remove the systray icon.

3. Helen

Helen Guest

Thank you for the prompt reply and the information. Being a tidy person I just do not care to have things around that don't do anything. What would happen if I removed the icon from the desktop?

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Nothing, it's not needed. SpywareGuard should start automatically at system bootup, and unless you disable and exit it, it'll continue to run until you turn off your PC. If you prefer to use the links in the Start menu on those occasions, then you can save the desktop space.

5. Helen

Helen Guest

Thanks again. I will do that. I would suggest that a little more explanation would be helpful at the time of downloading the program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.