spyware guard does not execute

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by azyardies, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azyardies

azyardies Registered Member

Hi I am new here- I used to use only Ad-aware and have realized that it is not enough- I downloaded spyware blaster today and spyware guard as well. It seems that everything installed all right but maybe not-I clicked on the icon on my system tray to begin scanning and the box pops up but there is no button to begin scanning- I looked all over for it. I also went to the program files and clicked on the exe. files but nothin happens-AM I not spotting something on the program to start a scan. There were 3 green check marks but nothing to begin the scan.[/COLOR]I have several other spyware programs installed and it seems that they do not catch the same stuff. One thing that I am looking for is a log file named jswx.log -I am trying to get of it-I delete it but it comes back after I restart- All I know about this file is that the word 'procrastination' has something to do with it. Hope u can help

2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

the prgs i use are spybot search and destroy 1.3.1 TX, adaware SE 1.05, and spywareblaster 3.2. and of course a good antivirus and firewall. thats all i have. all were free except for nis2004. im goin to get nis2005 when i can. but those 3 spyware prgs. is all i have.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey azyardies,

Neither SpywareGuard nor SpywareBlaster are scanning programs as compared to AdAware, Spybot, Spysweeper....etc.

SpywareBlaster helps prevent some spyware from installing in the first place!

Spyware Guard has processes that run in the background monitoring pre-determined registry keys and catches\blocks "spyware before it is executed (EXE and CAB files supported) with signature-based scanning for known spyware and heuristic/generic detection capabilities to catch new/mutated spyware"

Further explanation links:

SpywareGuard 2.2

SpywareBlaster 3.2

4. azyardies

azyardies Registered Member

THanks bubba and scott-Oh.... so spyware guard is not a scanner- Oooops thought it was cause I had read the link you gave me before I installed and it sounded like it did so I thought it DID scan (like other programs do)-Yes...I know that spyware blaster is a preventative prg. rather than scanner and hope I like it-Well, with only one day of use, so far no problems.
    anyways, I have scanned with 4-5 different programs for spyware and all 5 of them list different things. For ex: Over a year ago I used hotbar and got rid of it. Well, I installed & scanned with bazooka for the first time a couple of days ago, and the only thing it listed was hotbar. No other prog. listed it at all since I got rid of it long ago. Same goes for other stuff like wild tangent in the registry. Gee...this war on spyware is hard to beat. thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.