spyware guard 2.2 ineffective

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Bethrezen, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

I decided to try out spyware guard as it sounded like a good idea but was rather annoyed to find that its ineffective

see after installing and updating SG I decided to try testing it out so I downloaded something that I knew came with aware Morpheus so I ran the Morpheus installer expecting SG to alarm the second it tried to download adware on to my system yet it didn't

thinking that this may have been a one off and that maybe what came with Morpheus wasn't on the detection database I then proceeded to download and install something else that contained adware/spyware again it didn't alarm when that installed its payload

all it alarmed on what the fact this it installed a BHO which it didn't remove correctly it only deleted the reg entry for the BHO in question it didn't delete the file

so neway I binned Morpheus and this other program and ran a scan with both adaware and spybot to confirm that they had in fact installed adware on to my system which revealed several reg entries pertaining to alexia and back orifice and something spybot called whenu.search

so what id like to know is how exactly is this real time monitor supposed to work because already SG is on strike 2 and its only been on my system for 5 minutes

see the way I interpret SG description is that its supposed to act the same way as the real time monitor on an AV or AT it freezes the system when suspect behaviour is detected preventing the execution of installers that have spyware/adware bundled in tern preventing the adware/spyware being installed

however as I have just demonstrated this just isn't the case as twice adware had been installed on my system when SG was running

so what's going on why isn't it working ? I know SG is a work in progress but still I would have expected some results but so far the only result iv had is failure

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.