spyware doctor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maddawgz, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hey all i got spyware doctor today it updates like msn? what do u think about this one?... seems neat has a real time spyware guard im not sure which is better that or adaware gaurd? thoughts thanks...maddawgz :D

tried to delte this one after seeing bubba's post thanks?

2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

No it's not.

There is an app listed there, SpyDoctor and in the comments section it says not to be confused with Spyware Doctor.

snowbound

4. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

ok, i musta looked at it wrong then. sorry.

5. maddawgz

so spyware doctor is ok then?? thanks maddawgz

6. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Spyware Doctor is a fine program. Easy to use and 1-2 updates per week and occasionally more. Although I highly recommend a combination on demand scan with adaware as well. No one program gets everything, that is just the way it is.

Hope this helps,

Chris

7. gummybear

gummybear Guest

I wouldn't rely on Spyware Doctor, I have the program and really don't think it's that great. I would go for Ad-aware any day over Spyware Doctor. But to be fair it does seem to be improving somewhat as of late.

8. maddawgz

the new spybot has a sheild it got 1800 for me today caught it b4 went into my reg good stuff

9. VectorThunder

VectorThunder Registered Member

There's not a single spyware tool that has to be paid for that is worth it.

[And I would even go so far as to say there's no need to pay for AV or Firewall protection either.

Even for someone who is an Internet Explorer user by default (more fool them, of course), SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.3.1, Ad Aware SE Personal 1.05 and CWShredder 2.12, for scanning/cleaning, and SpywareBlaster 3.2 and SpywareGuard 2.2 for 'in-the-background' defending, along with WinPatrol 8.1.2.0 for system start-up and cookie protection would have enough protection - and all those tools are free including updates.

For a sensible web surfer/emailer, i.e. a Firefox web browser and Thunderbird mail program user, those tools are barely troubled![/FONT]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.