spyware doctor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maddawgz, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

the last week ive downloaded some dodgy files anyhow ive used avg, SAS, Antivir, even Nod online all have missed so i decided to try spyware doctor, to my amazment found 3 trojans im amazed at how good this thing is, and they where high risk trojans its restored my pc back to a healthy state and i did a snapshot, xtremely impressed anyone run this full time as there gaurd i think i will instead of S Terminator along side perhaps Antivir...a light AV as i use AVG suite, Might be to heavy along side it although i run 2gig so ... MD

Edit..

can someone tell me is avg free lighter then avg suite? how much anyone know? since im going to run SD along side not sure if i should keep suite or just go to free

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

The AVG suite comprises, If I remember correctly, the AV, the AS, and the firewall. So any single element of that will run lighter. I imagine you're talking about just using the AV, since you're going to be using Spyware Doctor? I believe the free version of the AV is slightly less featured and capable than the paid version.

Any chance you could post the details of the trojans found? (Names, where in the computer, reg values ) or a screenshot of the scan result?
    It does seem a bit surprising that none of the others found them. How did you know you had them?

Don't forget to clean your restore points, if applicable.

3. maddawgz

Hi T sure ill post a screen shot for you....Yeah i just put on AVG Free as i only want the AV part not antispyware since im running SD, I use snapshot FD , that's how i found it when i scanned so had to redo that too, dont use System restore ok here is screeny's Tx MD

Attached Files:

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hey MD, Have you ran any of the Rootkit scanners? It sounds like your having a heck of a time with whatever got on you computer. I'm not sure if anyone here can help you with the results of a rootkit scan. I know CastleCops has a rootkit forum.

innerpeace

edit: Here's what it said about Trojan-Spy.Banker.AEC http://www.pctools.com/mrc/infections/id/Trojan-Spy.Banker.AEC

Risk Level:

# High (): these infections may override user control of your system or pose high security risks such as capturing high-risk data for example, bank account details or passwords for unsolicited third-party use. Typical characteristics could include:

* Involuntary installation with no user interaction or control
    * Hijacking browser home pages
    * Returning sensitive data to other servers
    * Automatically reinstalling itself following an uninstall
    * Examples of these infections include keyloggers and dialers

5. maddawgz

Hi InnerPeace yeah i htink it was that trojan i had downloading more that or there's an outbreak geez! ? but since i put on SD ive been ok did change my Internet banking pass though ..... ill do a rootkit scan and post it over there Tx

ill post here aswell attached thanks

Attached Files:

6. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

7. maddawgz

Thanks IP... SD quarntained them so i assume im ok yeah? the jellybean tool i used to find my key someone suggested that was ok? when i recieved the rar file from em i think that's when it started...MD

8. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Any / every file I D/L gets scanned by NOD AVG & a2 prior to getting installed. It was a bit of a pain to get into this habit, but I'm all the more cleaner for it.

I can't wait until SWD gets a context menu scan and allows "custom scans" to be scheduled. I've mentioned this several times to the folks at PC Tools and as they say "It's on our list".

...screamer

9. maddawgz

well what i can do is a custom scan on my downloads folder...ill do that from now on tx

ran avg rootkit found only
    ISR service first defence so i must b ok

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  10. SPRINTMAN

SPRINTMAN Registered Member

I use SD 4.1 it's good. SD 5.X is still buggy

11. controler

controler Guest

FP's?

I just did a san @ Virus Toral of screenhunter and three AV's tagged it as maleware. Did you check the files at Virus Total?

controler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.