Spyware Doctor™ 4.0 for Windows - New Version!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Baldrick, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Re: Spyware Doctor™ 4.0 for Windows - New Version!

To me most important are its very sloe start up anfd false positives( as reported by users here).

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Re: Spyware Doctor™ 4.0 for Windows - New Version!

I think false positives and very slow start up are the most important issues to be addresse.
    Another issue I noted, one of its processes( update.exe probably) remains running even after u close main programme.

3. slemerond

slemerond Registered Member

I bought this over a year ago I thought it was good then but my subcription ran out. I bought it again a couple of days ago. Program worked good but I noticed I only had 173 days left to use. I wrote to support and got no reply. So i uninstalled and reinstalled but now it says my serial is invalid. I still have not received a reply as of yet. Its only 14 dollars but I paid for something and got nothing. You would think they would at least reply to me I sent them 3 emails.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: As a rule of thumb, check references before buying. If you would have checked this forum re this thread you would not have LOST your hard earned $$. This Pctools company has exhibited their marketing tactic as a textbook execution,while their after sale support is so notorious. I do wish you get your problem solved soon, but it is very remote--just my lousy guess.
    Good luck.

5. aroon7651

aroon7651 Registered Member

i m using a spyware Doctor 4.0 i think its the best

6. slemerond

I thought the same till they screwed me out of my money.

7. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

I do not think you WRITE to support, the way PC Tools support works is that you fill a form on their website including your registration details and you will then receive a confirmation number. Do you have a confirmation number? This number is automatically generated it seems.

Sorry slemerond, we are not PC Tools employees and we will be of very little help. Good luck. :'(

8. slemerond

Thats what I did I have 3 ticket numbers I know nobody here can help me I'm just venting. I haven't received one reply from PC Tools yet.

9. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

Try to regenerate the 'registration code' and see what happens, it will be sent automatically to you from here:

http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/lostcode/

Find if it is the same as the one you were sent. :D

10. slemerond

Thanks I tried that before its the same

11. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

Very strange, when you re-install SD there is absolutely no need to re-enter the "reg code" since it is already in your system . Again when you re-installed did you get any 'DLL entry point errors'? o_O

12. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

SD 4 often has an error related to networkguard.dll tool during installation which is solved by re-boot. I assume your re-installation was perfect. In that case without knowledge of your system details and other security apps you may be running (possible conflicts) I will be of no help. Hope the PC Tools people will get to you. :mad:

13. btman

btman Registered Member

Spyware Doctor 4 works great for me. I actually got answers on all my questions from their support :S

14. btman

btman Registered Member

And yes they put a hidden file i don't think anyone has found... So you have to renew your current license and you cannot enter a new one, though i've never asked... I wonder if you got a license from a reseller if support would make that key work over your existing license.... it's basically to make it so no one can like crack/patch or do... virtually anything to get the program updates/removal of stuff for free.

15. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

It seems:

1. The renewal process went OK and Sd works fine but..

2. Then after renewal SD has a shorter expiration ( 173 day) time than expected , in that case help could come from here:
    http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/answers/id/242/

3. Re-install introduces a new problem ( serial invalid)? and support from PC Tools ignores slemerond when he has 3 confirmation numbers/tickets used for tracking reported issues?

hmmmn.....what is not good SD or PC Tools support? :eek:

16. slemerond

I found this command you can run to unregister then your able to put in your new serial number

"C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /RL
    This is how I was able to enter it again

17. bcool2

bcool2 Registered Member

Overall I'm pleased with Spyware Doctor 4.x. If I were to complain, clearly it would include my annoyance at SD's voracious appetite for system resources. The code needs to be further optimized. Yet SD has really never interfered with my daily computing routine. Spyware Doctor is not a panacea. It's another layer to my peace of mind. Hardly a scam. I'm sad about those who feel jilted. But I suppose every piece of software out there has its detractor.

18. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

When i tried out spyware doctor 4 it didn't seem to heavy on the resources. Counterspy is HEAVY on resources, if i recall it was using around 100mb of ram on my system!!

19. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Not any more with 2.0 beta.:)

20. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I used to be an avid user and supporter of Spyware Doctor. I changed my mind not so long ago due to issues that mostly can not be discussed here. I will say however that the customer service declined and is not now what it should be and there are too many false positives. I am not counting the host file problem which I don't consider Spyware Doctors fault in Freds case anyway.

Thanks,

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.