Spyware Detector new Test

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by StevieO, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Attached Files:

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

more screenies and info -

test.exe = Malware test, so correct.

ispubdrv.sys = ARK = SAFE

plyr_err.chw = Properties = Unknown application ?

Virustotal File plyr_err.chw received on 2009.07.26 11:25:01 (UTC)
    Current status: Loading ... queued waiting scanning finished NOT FOUND STOPPED
    Result: 0/41 (0%)

Hide windows = A folder with a folder hiding App inside but not installed so correct, but that folder also contained lots of other stuff including HUNDREDS of PDF's and data/info etc of mine that i've saved. Imagine if ALL that got deleted by someone thinking it was a real Trojan. MAJOR disaster !!!

Registry entries -

Trojan.VB = All FP's

Backdoor.Dsklite = All FP's

Trojan.Agent = Nirsoft tools = I put them there = SAFE but could be used malicously so correct, plus 2 FP's

Trojan.ProAgent = KeenSense = Could be use malicously, but i put it there so SAFE, so correct.

Trojan.ShutDowner = FP

On top of that, it failed to show all BHO's.

When i tried to save the scan log it launched IE but displayed nothing ? I could say more, but don't wanna waste any more time on it.

Draw your own conclusions.

Attached Files:

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

tbh i dont really like ths GUI that much :doubt: havent tried the program tho.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

5. virkelie

virkelie Registered Member

6. fax

fax Registered Member

LOL :thumb:

7. rpradhan

rpradhan Registered Member

Hello,
    I would welcome the tester and others to send me the logs from c:\program files\spyware detector\log folder. I will review the logs and post the results for accuracy and legitimacy of scanned entries. Why should one trust what malwarebytes has to say about Spyware Detector. Every statement should be backed by some evidence and I would challenge Malware bytes to prove where Spyware Detector has done false advertising and fake comments. We have all the original testimonials with customers email ids. It is easy to just discuss anything like that and another to have substantial data to go with that. Waiting for the logs. Please mail it to tech@maxpcsecure.com and I will personally post each and everything entry and discuss if it is spyware or not.
    Regards,
    Rachna Pradhan
    Max Secure Software

8. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

You're an hilarious guy, Rachna. ;) I'll let my screenshot do the rest. Read those entries. This is on a fresh system - just some games installed.

EDIT: Okay, okay! Crap... I can't hold myself from reflecting. :D Okay, so we've "Trojan.Monder", which includes detections of Rising PC Doctor, Spotify, Opera, MSE, and the software itself.

~Off topic comment removed~

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
  9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Maybe SD would have helped its credibility if it detected itself as a PUP? That's way down the food chain.

10. rpradhan

Hello,
    SD has not detected itself. What are you are seeing in log is memory scanner which shows processes with which dll has loaded itself with these processes which includes spyware detector processes as well as opera and Microsoft processes. It is a module scanner. When you quarantine it will quarantine only the kmon.dll and unload it from these processes. In the next scan you will not find these processes there in the scan entries.
    Rachna

11. raven211

44 detected items/threats on a clean system - are you joking? And BTW, kmon.dll is a part of Rising PC Doctor - a security program FYI. After that I didn't bother looking at the other detections - I wonder why... :gack:

12. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

While this product may not be a rogue (according to Softpedia it's clean),those FPs are concerning enough for me to give it a wide berth.:blink:

13. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

As seen in posted screens by fellow Wilderers This is a rogue.I am not sure why softpedia is considered as a holy fortress of clean software.
    I must say i didn't search right now but,i know i've seen/tested similar products from Softpedia and even download.com.
    And the "developer"(i don't know unfortunately another term,crook maybe :)),sure has no cheek.
    I mean it's laughable that these guys(there ware others from other rogue,ex rogue products) try to fool us here.

14. raven211

Agree - this would probably be the worst picked place to try fool people. You'll only get laughed right in the face.

15. rpradhan

I can submit samples here of Trojan Monder.2 which will create this kmon.dll and load itself in the processes of all the running processes. If rising pc doctor is a legitimate product then why it can not run its dlll in its own address space?? I will definitely check that product out for the sake of my fellow readers.

16. raven211

Right, then you can explain 44 detections on a clean system later.

17. andyman35

I wonder if the SpywareDetector (no space) referred to by Malwarebytes is actually the same product as Max secure Spyware Detector which seems to be rated clean on a few places (rubbish but clean rubbish).

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/Max-Secure-Spyware-Detector.shtml

http://download.cnet.com/Max-Secure-Spyware-Detector/3000-8022_4-10703095.html?tag=mncol

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Max-Secure-Spyware-Detector/1127479770/1

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2073458,00.asp

Not that it seems to be much good but if it's to be labelled a rogue it should be established beyond doubt.o_O

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  18. virtumonde

That's nothing.Their registry cleaner makes all the $$$$ :)
    This is a classic

19. raven211

44 detections on a clean system *shrugs* o_O - okay, so let's say the software is actually serious about those. My system would be destroyed if I would "clean" my system, which it probably can't in "evaluation mode". If you look at PCMag's review (why did they even bother?), it's not that impressive to be kind to the developers - the user reviews are a little more "harsh".

20. raven211

Never heard of their Reg Cleaner - is it also "rogue"?

21. simisg

simisg Registered Member

22. virtumonde

Well in all the links you posted is the same product we talk in here.About PC Mag Review ,well what can i say :D .MAybe 123spyware free,or antivirus 2010 is next on MR Neil J. Rubenking to do list :) .
    I have seen the screens,i also tested on my PC on a clean system,found 3 spyware and 397 assocoiated threats.
    The registry cleaner is much more efficient :) with 500 errors.
    I mean for me it's clear what this is,why has this slipped as a clean,or to quote the master Neil " Overall its spyware-removal performance was better than that of many antispyware products, but not stellar." sure beats me

23. andyman35

it's quite clear that the products are complete garbage,the only question for me is whether they're dodgy garbage or well-intentioned garbage.:D

24. virtumonde

Well to be honest regarding registry cleaners i've seen more alarming results than 500 so i don't use them anymore can't comapre.Only used jv 16 in the past
    I attached some screens on a clean system.Each should draw it's own conclusion

Attached Files:

25. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Think I'll stay clear of this one. :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.