spyware cookies

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rothko, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rothko

rothko Registered Member

hi, should (or will) nod32 detect spyware cookies, or are they not considered big enough threats as they can be cleared from within the browser?

i've not used other anti-viruses to know whether others detect spyware cookies, but the anti-spyware applications i use all do.

just wanted to post here to see if others had any comments before emailing nod support, unless it gets an official reply here of course.

thanks, lee

2. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Hi!

Nod32, or any other AntiVirus for that matter, does not detect spyware cookies! You gave the answer yourself! Just empty them from the browser!

3. rothko

rothko Registered Member

yeah, simple enough to clear them, but i was thinking of maybe new users that didnt know this or even that cookies existed. NOD32 is now an anti-malware application and is good, and getting better, at detecting various forms of spyware - just wondering if spyware cookies would be a useful addition or not...

4. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

As far as detecting spyware is concerned, Nod32 is relatively new in this field! I would not depend 100% on Nod32 to detect malware. Its THE best in detecting viruses but i would definately use some other free solutions available for spyware detection. Any feature additions, like for instance detecting spyware cookies, is highly appreciated as long as Nod32 retains its speed and resource friendliness!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.