Spyware Block

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chaos16, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Spyware Block works like spywareblaster righto_O

Well as i use firefox copuld i use it or there is no use for meo_O

its only active x o_O

and does load of ppl use it members from this site??

2. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

It's only of use if you use Internet Explorer as your browser because, as you said, it blocks activeX controls from running and Firefox doesn't support activeX technology.

That said, you probably run IE occasionally, for Microsoft Update and some sites which insist on IE, and since Spyware Block uses no system resources once installed, it will do no harm to install it on your system and have the protection there in case it is needed.

3. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

is it a very well knowan programo_O

and do load and load of ppl use it plus is it free??

4. dog

dog Guest

If you're discussing Spyware Guides Spyware Block List File ( http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php ) it is not a program, it's just a reg file you're merging with your registry. I don't know what its popularity is, but it doesn't really matter does it? It's an effective means of blocking bad active X controls, which can be used in conjunction with Javacools Spyware Blaster without issue. I don't see a downside of using it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.