Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by trt, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trt

trt Guest

I recently downloaded the latest version of SpywareBlaster and everything seems to be just fine, I think. I have two questions.

I use Firebird (aka mozilla) as my default browser.

1. Does SB work with this browser?
    2. How can I tell if SB is running?

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Spyware Blaster doesn't run like a monitor.

You just make sure that the boxes are ticked and update.

It sets a "kill bit" so that malware that is listed can not install on your computer.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi trt,

SpywareBlaster's main security function, (the blocking of spyware related ActiveX controls), works directly within Windows itself, and is not limited to just Internet Explorer. Malicious ActiveX controls can be accessed and executed in many ways, not just from the "ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins" functions within IE. So, using SpywareBlaster is recommended regardless of the browser you have set as default.

SpywareBlaster does not need to be running in the background for it to protect your system. It actually works by setting "kill-bits" in the registry for the list of ActiveX items it protects against, so the SpywareBlaster program itself only needs to be run occasionally, say once a week, to check for updates.

I hope this helps to explain it,
    LowWaterMark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.